The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rear Suspension VS weight

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26

Rear Suspension VS weight

So i have a lot of weight in my trunk and i need to know the best route to go as far as rear suspension goes.

Right now i have 18x7x5 rims and they rub everytime I hit a small bump. And they pretty much rub constantly if someone is riding we me. But i have alot of weight in the trunk do to my audio system. I have 2 10inch subs that weigh at least 40-50lbs each...plus the subwoofer enclosure and amp and other misc items in the trunk. And i plan on adding a extra battery for my audio system (battery weight about 70lbs).

I already know my shocks need to be replaced but will regular ol shocks and strut fix this rubbing problem or should i get coilovers or some high shocks..... OR??????

UHm you could go with coilovers and just set them stiff. But if your tire rubs the fender lip I would have that rolled, if thats already done, going lower to add some camber you prevent rubbing. Also you could run a mild stretch on the tire

Thanks for your input.

Can anyone else chime in?

You must have some low offset WheelDude to be rubbing in that size
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Spring lock spacer or spacer blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    You must have some low offset WheelDude to be rubbing in that size
    Not even sure what my offset is but i have these.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotti View Post
    Spring lock spacer or spacer blocks.
    THESE????

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lock-N-Lift-...76136019254423

Quote Originally Posted by BassinG View Post
    Not even sure what my offset is but i have these.

the manufacturer's website says they are +40mm... you shouldn't be rubbing. what tire size r u running?

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    the manufacturer's website says they are +40mm... you shouldn't be rubbing. what tire size r u running?
    Right now I have 235 40 18.

But I'm replacing them with 245 40 18 because my alingment was bad and ruined my tires. Got a real good deal on the 245's.
    Last edited by BassinG; 12-08-2011 at 04:48 PM

Website is not working. But u can pick it up at pepboys around performance section where they have the lift kit for the jeeps. I used it on my car. Raise the rear about 1/4 of an inch and it was stiff enough to not rub when I have people in the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotti View Post
    Website is not working. But u can pick it up at pepboys around performance section where they have the lift kit for the jeeps. I used it on my car. Raise the rear about 1/4 of an inch and it was stiff enough to not rub when I have people in the rear.
    How much do they cost? Easy install?

Right now I have 235 40 18.

But I'm replacing them with 245 40 18 because my alingment was bad and ruined my tires. Got a real good deal on the 245's.
    there is your problem. you need 225/40r18. 245 will rub even worse than what you have now (not to mention, 245/40r18 is too tall and will throw off your speedo and will put added strain on your drivetrain).

How much do they cost? Easy install?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Coil-Sprin...item19cabfa3af

all depends on how much space u have between the coil. the more gap, the easier it is to install. having a lift will help a lot, require removing the wheel and taking a load off the strut.

245/40 too big.

Do a fender roll to prevent rubbing.

So 225 should be the max?

Saw a good deal for 215 35 18's.... how will these work?

And what is a fender roll?

So 225 should be the max?

Saw a good deal for 215 35 18's.... how will these work?
    Just stick with 225/40's. That is your size, 215/35 is too small, you will bend your rims in no time.

Repeat after me

225/40
    225/40
    225/40

In order for me to tuck 225/35/20's along with a TEIN coilover drop, this is what I needed to do.

read this:
    http://www.rollyourfender.com/instruction.html

Doing a fender roll is not really needed tho with 18's???

Doing a fender roll is not really needed tho with 18's???
    Are you really sure about that? Depends on how low your ride height/size wheel/tire fitment will determine a fender roll. If it's rubing or close to get it rolled.
    Last edited by G-spot; 12-09-2011 at 06:47 PM

How big the rim is has nothing to do with having to roll your fenders it's the width in combination with the off set and tire size that your using. It's been said and I'll say it again in case you didn't understand the first time
    225/40
    225/40
    225/40 = NO RUB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast