The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turbo my 7g

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    Posey

Turbo my 7g

So I was just going to do the DOHC Swap but other parts fell in my lap at the same time so I'll just turbo it while I'm at it. I have a few questions... I've searched here and google n

1. What is an O2 housing and where is it located in the turbo set-up.

I have my FMIC, turbo, BOV, external waste gate, of course turbo mani..

2. Want to know what other components I'm missing...they will be from a 95-99 GST Eclipse along with a EPROM ecu.

Find your info here

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=39782

It was posted long time ago.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Posey
    K thanks for the link I used that... But what is an O2 housing and purpose does it serve in the turbo system. Also inasked about other components because I was looking at the ecu pin out for GST and they have things like boost control solenoid... What items like that from a stock gst do I need for now...tul I can upgrade.

And mko I need to come to Vegas and I'll give u some damn pizza lol.

You can turbo your galant w/o gst ecu. Just need a piggy back controller like SAFC.

O2 housing is the transition between the turbo housing, that bolts to the manifold, and the down pipe. its called o2 housing because the upper o2 sensor is bolted in it.

you also need: IC piping, 2g oil pan, oil return line, oil feed line kit, downpipe, head to manifold gasket, manifold to turbo gasket, turbo to o2 housign gasket, o2 housing to downpipe gasket, piggy back controller, turbo intake pipe, IC couplers, t-bolt clamps, j-pipe.

Let me tell you something and i dont mean to offend you. The way you ask your questions and what you ask about makes me think you're not very clear of what is what and how it is done. Youre gonna end up with bigger mess than you started with. I dont think youre ready to turbo the car. You need to do a lot of reading. Ive owned my car for 4+ years now. I boosted it 2years ago and it was Dohc swapped 1 year ago. It all didnt happen in a month, but in years and i read for countless hours about every mod i wanted to do.

And dont tell me google didnt come up with anything.

Here 119 000 results in the web search and 20 500 results in the image search.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...BsnX0QHpzqGKBg

I really refuse to "spoon-feed" you, so start using your brain if you ever want to do some productive. And no thanks, i dont want any pizza. Ive been making pizzas for 10 years now so im really sick of pizza
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Posey
    Wow ur sick of pizza... That sux pizza has all the food groups. And duh google came up with 199,000... You could make up a word and it'll give u the same result.. I asked because it never explained what is what. So thank you for having that info for me.

^^ :facepalm: