The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: if you made a custom downpipe I need info

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

if you made a custom downpipe I need info

Ok so here is the deal I went to an exhaust shop looking for bends and the guy was telling me that i had to use stainless because of the temps coming off the turbo otherwise it will crystalize and break so I am wondering what you used and how long it has lasted also one of the guys I work with who has been welding for like 30 years told me I don't need to use stainless wire but if I don't is that what is the weak link basicly I just want to do this once.

Ive had aluminized steel bend welded with 90 dollar harbor freight welder for 2 years now w/o leaking or breaking.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Mine is stainless, but only because I want to see my own refelection when im under my car. jk :D.

Oem DPs arent stainless.

So do you think he was just referring to the up pipe or o2 houseing that we have to make right off the turbo

im using stainless but mild steel is perfectly fine. i bought 2 of these it they worked great
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-J-U-Bend...ht_1388wt_1163

along with these v-bands
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/320737756999...ht_2544wt_1396
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports