The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Poor ride

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Icon5 Poor ride

I don't know why the more I fix or replace a suspension component, my car seems to drive worse and worse every time. First off, it feels like I'm driving a 4x4, it sways slightly to the sides when hitting bumps and/or a dips in the road and the overall ride is just shit.

Car Miles: 180k I4
    Tires: Front (Same brand, Goodyear about 16K)
    Rear ( Different brand, worn, may need replacement soon)
    Shocks: Replaced all 4 in July with KYB GR2
    Springs: Originals, never been replaced
    End links: Replaced last week, all 4 are new
    Sway bars: New bushings all around
    Lower Control Arm: Passenger side replaced in July, Driver's seems fine.
    Outer Tie rods: Replaced last week
    Alignment: Aligned last week

I know my tires for sure need to be changed/upgraded, but I find it hard to believe that tires could be the culprit for all of this. The steering seems loose and the suspension feels soft as if riding in a boat so that's definitively something I would like to stiffen (No pun intended) but don't know how to accomplish this.

In conclusion, what else am I missing here? rack and pinion, tires, whole new car??
    Last edited by littlejuanito; 12-09-2011 at 10:13 AM

Do you know for that type of mileage on the car you need to change the springs all around. Springs do ware out too. change the springs and other things.

I will be nice.

Front change: 7,9,10, 8 x2,11,12

For rear change: 8,9,10,11,12

Good luck

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Thanks Isaurio. The car has 180,ooo miles. I do regret not having changed those parts while my shocks were being installed but I'm also mad at the shop for not suggesting those changes either. Springs do feel like they're sagging in the back and now that you mention it, I'm starting to think the springs may have a lot to do with this bad ride.

For sure. The springs take all the loads of the vehicle. If they not stiff they wont do the job and cost really bad performance, also will blow the shocks faster. Change the parts that i mention and you will have a brand new car. Also make sure tire pressure are good.

I will get everything dealer. It will be more money but good ass quality.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    For sure. The springs take all the loads of the vehicle. If they not stiff they wont do the job and cost really bad performance, also will blow the shocks faster. Change the parts that i mention and you will have a brand new car. Also make sure tire pressure are good.

I will get everything dealer. It will be more money but good ass quality.
    Definitively gonna have to do this or save up for full coilovers...I'm just mad I could have gotten this done in one shot, had the shop recommended it from the get go. Now I gotta pay for labor again. Oh well, it is what it is.

Coilovers will not give you a "Nice" ride.

For comfort I would get Tein springs.