The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Official SoCal Meet 12/27/11 @ 10PM

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 68 of 68
    Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Check your spark plugs and wires. If you've never changed your rear spark plugs its probably over due. You should get the platinum ones which are good for 100,000 miles. Only part that sux is you have to remove the intake manifold to get to them. Which means you need to replace the intake manifold gasket. Might as well swap for the Diamante Intake Manifold if you have to remove it IMO...
    Hm that's kind of odd. I just had all my spark plugs and wires changed no more than a month or two ago. Ah, gotcha. Well, I think I'm going to hold off on anymore work with the galant for now. On new years someone was interested in it and gave me a pretty nice offer for it. I might end up selling it. I'm not 100% sure yet though.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGTZ View Post
    Hm that's kind of odd. I just had all my spark plugs and wires changed no more than a month or two ago. Ah, gotcha. Well, I think I'm going to hold off on anymore work with the galant for now. On new years someone was interested in it and gave me a pretty nice offer for it. I might end up selling it. I'm not 100% sure yet though.
    Well then it shouldnt be your plugs then...
    As long as its worth it to you, hope it works out for the best.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Well then it shouldnt be your plugs then...
    As long as its worth it to you, hope it works out for the best.
    The tech never really said what may have caused it. He just turned the check engine light off and told me to come back if it came back on. It's been fine since.
    Well as much as I want to keep it, the goals I have for it are just out of my reach and will be for quite some time. In the end I would be paying far more than I thought as well. I'd probably just be better off buying an evo. Either way I'll still be a regular at the meets.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGTZ View Post
    The tech never really said what may have caused it. He just turned the check engine light off and told me to come back if it came back on. It's been fine since.
    Well as much as I want to keep it, the goals I have for it are just out of my reach and will be for quite some time. In the end I would be paying far more than I thought as well. I'd probably just be better off buying an evo. Either way I'll still be a regular at the meets.
    Yeah I hear you, sometimes you come to a crossroads and gotta make a decision.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

when is the next meet? we need to do one well worth it

Quote Originally Posted by racesnos View Post
    when is the next meet? we need to do one well worth it
    Good question...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    Glad to hear you made it back Chris, thx again for coming out! Jimmy where are all the pix you took???
    Hopefully the next meet we won't get shutdown everywhere we try to go and take pix -_-
    Sorry everyone! Been extremely busy and got really sick on new years eve and moving with my soon to be wife.
    Last edited by jimmy_o2; 01-11-2012 at 11:47 AM
    03 I4

All good Jimmy. Happy to hear you are taking the plunge soon!

I have an idea for a next meet but its going to require a LOT of driving and a LOT of time on a Saturday or Sunday. i will post soon. please be on the look out.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234