The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New guy with a Galant

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 49 of 49
    This can be simpler than it all seems. My connections where the amp used to be are not a quality solder and heat shrink, but when I did this 5 years ago, it was just to see if it would work. Needless to say I haven't touched it since then, and it's still working fine. This may give you an idea how to bypass the amp without running new wire to each individual speaker.

With the seat removed there is enough room to do this easily. Wires can be run from the dash to under the seat along the edge of the carpet on the passenger side.

I used the wiring diagram from the FSM to get the correct colors.

In-between the wiring for the tweeters you will notice the high pass filters. I bought them from ebay when I did this. I think mine are around 1khz. But these will give you and idea.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAR-AUDIO-BA...item3f11f27dd8
    Last edited by M-Rod; 01-09-2012 at 10:32 PM Reason: wrong pic link
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Yeah, I figured I could do that, But I wanted to keep the infinity amp for now. Either way thought, Might just do that and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
    If i had enough speaker wire i probably already would have LOL.

Cant get pics now-Its too dark.

But All I have is the 5 wire white clip (which includes the power, acc, and ground and 2 others im not sure of.
    Then i have the am/FM antennas, And then I have two data cables. One with maybe 7-10 smaller pins and the other with maybe 4-6 larger pins. (Both male)

Im assuming one or both of the data pins go to the amp, I can get a pic of the back of the stock head unit (As its out and I can bring it inside) if that would help you any?
    Get whatever pictures don't matter.

This is what you need on the right. The black plug goes to the white plug to give you power and amp turn on signal. Ground is straight to the metal on the car. The antennas use the one that fits, the bigger one. And you only need on data plug, the one with the most pins, then just plug in each individual RCA to the new radio. It's very simple, even easier than install a radio to a Galant without the factory amp. I am curious to see the other data plug you mentioned.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 01-10-2012 at 04:36 AM

The other data plug probably goes to a cd player. On my 99 with infinity, I had a cassette deck in the top din slot, and a factory option cd player in the bottom din. all factory OEM.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

^could be.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Get whatever pictures don't matter.

This is what you need on the right. The black plug goes to the white plug to give you power and amp turn on signal. Ground is straight to the metal on the car. The antennas use the one that fits, the bigger one. And you only need on data plug, the one with the most pins, then just plug in each individual RCA to the new radio. It's very simple, even easier than install a radio to a Galant without the factory amp. I am curious to see the other data plug you mentioned.

Yeah, I think the other one went to my cd player.
    So I cut the data cable open and wire it up or what?

Ill get a pic of the back of my head unit.

Welcome nice project. Which rear air setup did you use?

The rear bags are sleeve bags on struts from air bag it.

The tires rubbed holes in each of the rear bags from the previous owner dropping it too low while driving, so air bag it is replacing the bags on the struts for me. They have a great turn around time too, They only had my struts for 3 days, day they got them, next day fixed them, next day sent them out again. I'll have them Tomorrow.

I'll have to post up a thread about air bags and see how others have resolved rubbing issues.

You dont cut anything, buy the special harness.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123