The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car Stereos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 30
    AlyxLoves8Gs

Car Stereos

Just curious. My stocked stereo broke and it wont read disk.
    For a while I have been wanting to buy a new one just dont know what to get.
    My bother only buys Sony and said he would sale me his but I want a good stereo. I have narrowed my list down to five brands: Sony, JVC, Boss, Kenwood, and Pioneer. Can someone recommend me a good stereo?

You can kick boss right off that list. They aren't quality radios.

IMO Pioneer and Alpine are the best. I used to install for Best Buy, Circuit City (when it was alive) and some mom n pop spots. In my G, I have a pioneer deck with usb input, my girls G, alpine top of the line head unit also with ipod and usb, and my tahoe has an alpine double din screen thats almost 6yrs old and still works flawlessly.

I have a pioneer it was only like 80 bucks normally 120 I am happy with it, simple does what I need it to do. I have used a alpine before and love their ipod interface but the one I wanted was outta my budget

I have had great experience with Kenwood I wired a Chrysler sebring infinity amp to one with no problems. And they have the USB cord that comes out of the back of the deck so you can run it to the glovebox toss your mp3. In there and control it from the deck. It even shows the title and artist on the display and mine had the slide down tilt up face and was an old deck I found under the seat in a car my bro bought love KENWOOD
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    You can kick boss right off that list. They aren't quality radios.

IMO Pioneer and Alpine are the best. I used to install for Best Buy, Circuit City (when it was alive) and some mom n pop spots. In my G, I have a pioneer deck with usb input, my girls G, alpine top of the line head unit also with ipod and usb, and my tahoe has an alpine double din screen thats almost 6yrs old and still works flawlessly.
    Just like oak here, I did the same thing for both Circuit and Best Buy. I recommend Kenwood or Pioneer.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Alpine (Even tho its not on ur list) or Pioneer

Sony, Kenwood and Pioneer are all good units. Pioneer controls seem to be more complicated than necessary but still a quality unit.

AlyxLoves8Gs
    I totally forgot Alpine.
    Thanks guys I think I'm going to get an Alpine because everyone is saying those. :D

I only buy pioneer the best buy for your money next on my list would be kenwood. Sony just blows
    Last edited by deeznutz; 12-20-2011 at 12:43 PM

Blows hard lol

Two questions

1. How far are you looking to take your audio

2. How much are you willing to spend

Me I'm a lil of both

Sony car audio sucks ass. I only rock Pioneer, but I may rock an Alpine the next time around. I've had no problems with Pioneer speakers, but I absolutely love my all-Infinity speaker setup in my G with my Pioneer head unit, stock Infinity tweeters and center, Infinity Reference 6 1/2's in the doors, stock Infinity 6 x 9's in the back, Infinity Reference 12" sub with 250W RMS amp.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

AlyxLoves8Gs
    I want a pretty good system so idk how far i would be going
    as in investment wise i go about 950 -1000 for audio

Kenwood or Alpine head unit
    Alpine. Doors dash and 6x9s
    JL audio 10w3 and JL or Kenwood or JL or other strong brand amp
    Ill be doing a tutorial on how to wire a Chrysler infinity amp into the interior speakers if you wanna lil more umph inside. Without a another aftermarket amp

Me I'm a lil of both

You are the first I hear of using a stock amp from another car to power speakers. It really isnt a good way to go since there is no adjustment whatsoever, so you won't get clean sound from it especially since you can't use hi quality RCA's because you are limited to high level in only, which means you will pick up noise and interference from the speaker wires used. And finally stock amps are matched to certain speakers (size and ohm load) which takes me back to the first point I made that there's no adjustment to tune the amp. I can honestly say that with my knowledge of audio tuning I can get a decent pioneer radio with decent aftrrmarket speakers to sound a hell of alot better than any car with the stock amp of another car in it.

Alyx, with your given budget, for audio QUALITY and connectivity to todays devices, Pioneer or Alpine headunit with usb input, Polk Audio DB Series components in front and 6x9's in rear deck plus a single Kicker 12 in CVR subwoofer in a ported box with a 300w kicker amp will have Troy sounding like never before and will have you loving your day to day commutes that much more.

I have to agree with oakrdrs just retarded to wire a stock amp to an aftermarket radio!

Pioneer avh p4300 DVD $400 bucks all day long it's touch screen iPhone compatible pandora ready plus more great head unit leaves you with plenty of mula for more goodies

It works it is an improvement over just the deck and it was cheap you've never seen it done but I did it. You've never heard the difference I have. I have no distortion and the infinity unit gives me bass in my rears and doors keeps my mids in my dash and I built a custom box with a 10 and a small Kenwood amp I have Alpine type S in the doors some cheap 6×9s. And Memphis 4" in my dash. A Pyle 10 in the trunk. Built mysystem with under $125. AND IT SOUDS GOOD. ACOORDING TO STEREO WEST. Plenty for a nice bass in the boot and every note clear on the inside. My setup got me a job so just cause it didn't sound like it would work ..it does.

And that's why I'm the visionary
    Last edited by master_visionary; 12-21-2011 at 11:55 AM

Me I'm a lil of both

Ps if I had $500 -$1000 spend I'd still break the mold just to do it my audio isn't flawless but those who don't swim in a pool of hatorade are quick to admit my hit sounds great. Despite being cheap and piecemeal

Me I'm a lil of both

You ain't hitting like my 2 15" L7 solo barric's kidd if I parked next to you you wouldn't even hear your's!!!

And that's why I'm the heavy hitter!!!!

Ain't my style I don't need to show off but I respect a badass system post some pics.
    my plan is (when I'm rich lol) 2 JL Audio 10w7s , an JL everywhere else and adding rear door speakers

I'm tight with the hookups and have built systems that trump mine I just can't afford to do mine

PS be my secret Santa all I want is any 10 better than my $34 Pyle. ;-)

Me I'm a lil of both

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast