The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Stock 7g Track Times

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    well i have a Japanese built 1995 S, what do u have?

if vin begins with J - its Japanese, if it begins with a 4, its US

96TEXASgalant
    I could have sworn I read 38xx lbs. in the manual. As for raceday, last friday I went racing. (see 7g perf.-all motor progress forum for times) I took out my sub box and that's all. I left the 18's on. Each gallon of gas is 5.5lbs aprox. Let's keep a forum going with track time updates. I like this!

Experienced TGC Member
    I posted this in the War Stories Forum but it belongs here I think.

Ran a 16.24 @ 86MPH this weekend. it was 55 degrees outside, took the sub, backseat, and passenger seat out. 14" rims (phat!) on 195/65. Have a 7g with a CAI, Port&Polish, cat-back.

I was disappointed, though everyone there was impressed because they had never seen a Galant at the track... it's Alaska guys remember.

The track was 2 hours away and in the middle of friggin' nowhere, weird.
    According to those who go there a lot, the concrete there adds a few 10ths of a sec to your times. I dunno...

Saw a 12 second time by a Sanoma though, that was different.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

TGC Regular
    My 18.363 was with full tank of gas...Every payday I fill up, I didnt know I was going to the track, so I was on full. I also had my sub box in the trunk, I didnt feel like taking it out. And I had the AC on I was hot! I live in S. Florida, no way was I going to sit there with AC off! I am not concerned about speed or track times, I just went to do something! Hell half way down the track, I turned my stereo on!
    Chris
    2004 Mazda 3i; bought 7/2/04
    98 Galant ES; Sold 6/30/04

Kain
    The 38XX lbs in the manual is the GVWR or Gross Vehicle Weight Rating. That is how much it will weigh with full passenger load and full cargo capacity. (they assume each passenger weighs something like 130lbs for some reason!?) Here in lovely GA, we have our cars weighed once a year during the emissions test. With a full interior, spare tire and jack, and my 80lb tool box in the trunk, My Galant weighed in at just under 2900 lbs and I always keep my gas above 1/2 tank. I've yet to run the Galant at a track but it seems other Galants in similar states of tune are running around the mid-to-low 17s which seems about right

96TEXASgalant
    I want to get my car weighed now, I've been telling everybody "this is a 4000 lb. car!" :oops: Oh well, they were still impressed with the ol' G.

brandon
    <<<My 18.363 was with full tank of gas...Every payday I fill up, I didnt know I was going to the track, so I was on full. I also had my sub box in the trunk, I didnt feel like taking it out. And I had the AC on I was hot! I live in S. Florida, no way was I going to sit there with AC off! I am not concerned about speed or track times, I just went to do something! Hell half way down the track, I turned my stereo on! >>>

hahahaha Too funny.

Experienced TGC Member
    LOL

ya that will get ya 18.363 no problem
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

when I weighed my galant, back in '00 it came in @ 2680lbs

a *FAR* cry From the 3800 in the door-sill

figure.... 5 150lb passengers, one piece of luggage per person, and a tank of gas 17gallons x 8lbs

it gets heavy fast....
    Craig R.
    [email protected], Gclipse96 on AIM

1996Galant 14.0@103
    biggest b00bies EvAr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12