The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: build your own turbo~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    what month of HCI was this article written?
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Makaveli)</div><div class='quotemain'>[I thought the only diffrence between the Eclipse tranny and the Galant is that it has sportronic. Â*I was under the impression that the Eclipse tranny was not a true manual.</div>
    yes, they do have regular 5 speed with the clutch...they also have the sportronic one..
    Check out my ride at:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/djgalant

The only 8g west cost 4g64 Turboed Galant.

it is the MAy issue~ with the Yellow WIngswest MP3 on the cover~ if anyone wants i can send you mine when im done with it~ just not too far~

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DJ Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Makaveli)</div><div class='quotemain'>[I thought the only diffrence between the Eclipse tranny and the Galant is that it has sportronic. Â*I was under the impression that the Eclipse tranny was not a true manual.</div>
    yes, they do have regular 5 speed with the clutch...they also have the sportronic one..</div>

So this is a direct fit to the 8G with little or no mods?

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

yep~ all you have to do is add a 3pedal~ clutch~ change the tranny and drop in the stick~~ guys around where i live (jersey) is doing it for 450~ im just not sure whether or not the axles have to be changed~ i hope not~

there is more into swapping to 5 speed than pedal and stick. First of all, you would need probably the ecu harness from 5 speed also.
    There is a question like is there any mounting holes for the shift linkage?
    I am assuming there is, but who knows.
    Check out my ride at:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/djgalant

The only 8g west cost 4g64 Turboed Galant.

HiperSilver
    dont need an ECU, need a TCU though. There are mounting holes cuz te 7g did come with the 5 speed option. It is a huge job. very huge job. Its a pain in the ass and even if you know what your doing you will run into problems. If you never dropped a transfer case or never were the mechanical type this isnt like installing altezzas

lol~ u guys are funny~ im not touching this swap lol~ im buying the shit and having a guy who specializes in tranny work do it~ i did my own nos setup it was tough but my cr didnt blow yet~ but yeh tranny im not touching~ goold looking out though

TGC Regular
    well guys i was gona go all out on body work myself, but since that would take most the summer ive decided to do a turbo on the 8g i4 that i own. i would realy like to read this articlein that magazine so if anyone has a scanner please scan it i realy need to get some knowledge on this issue my goal is to push 300+ hp with a i4 (if possible) on a daily driven car (cept in winter) much thanx in advance.
    - Atba

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12