The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: how to: full control of your fog lights

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 78 of 78
    Yes this helps. I get overwhelmed by wiring schematics usually but this one wasn't that hard to understand. I will he installing this closest to the fuse box as possible for a cleaner install. I have a 40a relay with harness just have to remember where i have it stored, I will try to wire it up this week and see how it works out for me.

Ill let u know.

Thanks a bunch.
    Last edited by spdracr; 08-19-2012 at 03:01 PM
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

No problem! 40amp should be more than enough of a relay.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Sorry I went a lil off topic, hopefully this will help someone else if they're interested in doing the same.
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

I'm ok with it guys, there's a lot of ways you can do it, I just chose this method because of what wetamup said,

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    MODS

5 speed swap
    Eibach Pro Kit on GR2 Struts
    Cold Air Intake
    Outlander Intake Manifold
    6G72 V6 Throttle Body
    6G72 V6 Fuel Pump
    Axle Back Exhaust (ebay)
    Evo Fuel Rail
    Evo Radiator
    Rear Disc Swap
    Prothane Motor Mount Inserts

im getting 25mpg city and 30mpg highway untuned!!!

I just used this method: Works fine for me. Im the type that always turns on my fogs anyways, so this does it automatically with the parking lights. Stock switch inside the car is now useless (i'll probably use that space for something later on: alternative switch, bass control knob, etc.)

Fogs do Not flash with the turn signal btw.

Now I basically will be doing almost the same except my trigger will be the headlight switch. But I also wanna be able to use the fog light switch to turn them off if I need to. I doubt ill ever need to turn them off.
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

the only problem i have with the relay method is if you still have the switch in place and accidently press the fog light switch you will back feed the system and possibly fry something. so ether remove the switch of disconnect it.

just my 2c

^^I'm trying to figure out how so? It looks like the switch only sends a signal to the front ECU and ETACS ECU to ground out the relays, allowing the circuit to come alive. I would think all it does then if you're using relays is just provide another path to ground for the relays, which wouldn't fry anything, but my manual doesn't show the switch's circuitry.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    ^^I'm trying to figure out how so? It looks like the switch only sends a signal to the front ECU and ETACS ECU to ground out the relays, allowing the circuit to come alive. I would think all it does then if you're using relays is just provide another path to ground for the relays, which wouldn't fry anything, but my manual doesn't show the switch's circuitry.
    Ill leave it up to u to figure it out. By the time I do it ill either disconnect it or wire it as u figure it out
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Relay method should not fry anything. Did that to my 3G, both 8G's (don't use fogs anymore because clash with retrofitted projectors) and I did it on a friends 8G. No problems at all.

hey guys, so far i dont understand any of these schematics at all lol. electronics aren't my thing but i want to do the mod. do any of you guys have a step by step write up, or is there a easier way?

I might actually re-do mine this weekend. If I remember, I'll take pictures. The diagram I posted on this page is pretty straight forward.. just needs to route a lot of wiring from one side to the other.

I'm going to do IKorty's method and route it all from the fuse box and add a switch.
    Last edited by CHICAGO_ONE; 12-12-2014 at 10:08 AM

Yea it definitely is straight forward. I just need to see more pictures since I'm new with the electrical side of things. I appreciate it tho

I want to use my fog lights with my parking lights but I'm not necessarily 100% confident in my ability to do the PAC TR-7. Is there a way to just tap into the parking lights (also the turn signal) and just run a new wire down to the fog lights and cut the Positive wire going into the fog lights then attach the new wire coming down from the running lights to the positive wire going into the fog light? I know it's kinda half assed but if it works thats all I care about. I don't really care about losing the switch to control the fog lights, I would prefer they just come on with the parking lights anyways.

The circuit running the parking lights isn't designed to run the higher wattage bulbs of the fog lights. If know the difference between positive and negative I can show you how to do it safley with a relay from autozone.

PM if interested.

Thanks for the info I was looking for something like this .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234