The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4G64, 6GXX, BIG MAPS stock pcm Rom

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 85

4G64, 6G7X, BIG MAPS stock pcm Rom

First posted on GT
    Hello everyone. We all know the only big maps for a stock ecu was made for the eclipse 6g7x. With a lot of research and work now there is an open door for the Galant community. I have been working with a great programing developer to get big maps and other mod for our platform. Is still in stage 1.

Here is a sneak preview for the first ever Galant 4g64 Big Maps. This rom is base on my ROM. Soon we you see for the 6g7x PCMs.

MIVEC Cams simulator or boost selenoid simulator

V6 Galant Big map. Base on a H8 Rom Dion's "dezznuts" 99 ROM.

Keep an eye on this. More coming soon. Thanks.

Triple Dimond Motors

12/22. Added 2 step for both v6 and i4.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 12-22-2011 at 01:18 PM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Got the Big map working for the 4cly. The PCM is reading from the big maps. The timing and load map is on point. EVo scann is getting the right readings. More testing is need it.

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

awesome work man!!
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Thanks. More to come.

SOHC Turbo

Now that your 2step is working I need to launch that fucker!

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    Now that your 2step is working I need to launch that fucker!
    Lol. Not yet. Is not added on the 4cly, there still some testing. The v6 is a go. Yours is working.

SOHC Turbo

Your a poopie head lol

Kind of a simple and silly question...but what improvements would one see with only bolt ons?

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Isaurio and Acamus your both awesome,

Quick question,

Pros and Cons of This big maps Vs Evo Ecu swap aside from the money spent on the Evo8 ecu and BHM conversion harness?
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 12-22-2011 at 05:38 PM

4g64T 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Kind of a simple and silly question...but what improvements would one see with only bolt ons?
    With stock maps or big maps?

With stock maps, not much unless you do some base map tuning, fuel, timing etc
    with big maps, you could gain with DOHC swap with long duration cams and high compression piston more than 50WHP.

Big maps wont do any good with a stock motor specially the 4g64 unless turbo or go with high compression. You could get some better engine response and some more smooth gear and downshift power band. The 6g74 and 75 the big maps could be use since they use a bigger displacement and you could tune the maps more for more power and better PCM calculation. 6G72, a few mods like 75 head and intake mani, will gain a few hp.

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post

Quick question,

Pros and Cons of This big maps Vs Evo Ecu swap aside from the money sent on the Evo8 ecu and BHM conversion harness?
    Yes Acamus is working with me. He is a great developer and a great guy. Big plusss for him.

I mean. 4cly guys this is a option for boost if you dont want to go with a evo ECU plus harness. But the Evo ecu is always a good choice to go if you have the money. The evo rom have more settings to work with. But at the end the same function is used. Let say you want to make around 250-300 WHP. With the Stock PCM and big maps rom is easy to get to that power with no problem. Loads will be read to 210 loads more than the evo rom *that is a plus*. If you want to make more than 350+ WHP evo ECU is great since there is more mods to use like Tephra MOD. BHM harness is great, i test it and they are very good quality I will recommend them if you go with evo ECU.

V6 guys they have to go all the way with the big maps, since we can't use another ECU/PCM to read boost in our G. Unless you change the entire harness i believe not even. The big map will read like the evo 9 MIVEC loads up to 300 loads. You can't go wrong with that. mods where added like knock on cel, 2step, MIVEC, and boost solenoid will be used.

*MIVEC*. This on a side project, we could use the MIVEC head on the 4cly and the v6 in our G *except evo MIVEC head*. stock Computer will simulate MIVEC open and closed readings. :) just to put out there for everyone. I will let you guys cook that in your mind for a little bit. TDM

250-350WHP Stock pcm With Big map ROM
    350+ WHP evo ECU......... V6 will still use stock PCM with Big maps.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 01-27-2012 at 03:22 PM

SOHC Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post

Quick question,

Pros and Cons of This big maps Vs Evo Ecu swap aside from the money sent on the Evo8 ecu and BHM conversion harness?
    The 5 speed 3g ecu is the SAME ecu as the evo ecu, just to let you know as it is cheaper to come by.

Good job man, this is some good shit.

^true you could go with a 3G. I dont know how compatible they are compare to the evo one. But some people say they just need to flash a evo rom to the manual ECU and it will work since they share the same harness. Dont go by my word.

SOHC Turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    Have you ever messed with the 7g ecu? or is it not possible at all?

No. I have not. 7G uses h8 rom. I believe i could make xml. As far as the big map i dont know if the code are the same.

SOHC Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    ^true you could go with a 3G. I dont know how compatible they are compare to the evo one. But some people say they just need to flash a evo rom to the manual ECU and it will work since they share the same harness. Dont go by my word.
    Yeap thats all you need, just flash the evo rom or thephra mod of your choice and you are set

Experienced TGC Member
    Big maps wont do any good with a stock motor specially the 4g64 unless turbo or go with high compression. The 6g74 and 75 the big maps could be use since they use a bigger displacement and you could tune the maps more for more power and better PCM calculation. 6G72, a few mods like 75 head and intake mani, will gain a few hp.
    Actually, "Big Maps" will make a noticeable improvement even on a stock vehicle, 4cyl or V6 model.

You have to remember the initial reason that the "Big Maps" was created a few years back was to increase the load range for higher boost applications. You are talking about stepping from maybe 11-15 RPM & Load% Elements, out to 30 RPM & Load% Elements within the fuel and ignition maps. With the Load scaling you can rescale it to read as high as you want (within reason), we have seen some ROMs stepped out to Load% values as high as 340 for some applications.

Now, keep in mind the increased map size ("Big Maps") is not specifically for reading higher Load values (ie boost pressure), this can be used for N/A as well with no issues, and in fact with much greater tuning results. As your map elements increase from 11 RPM & 11 Load% Elements, to a 30 RPM & 30 Load% you are increasing the map's resolution. Instead of the Galant or 11x11 fuel and ignition maps having Load% stepped at increments of 10 (10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100), you can now scale these at increments of 5% Load which gives much more precision with tuning Load% values. This also goes the same for RPM values which increase every 500RPM (except in sub 3K RPM range which it steps up 250RPM). With the "Big Maps" you can step your RPM scaling at 250RPM from start to finish.

All of this gives the tuner much better scalings to work with when tuning the vehicle, the better the map's resolution, the better the vehicle can be tuned...and how it drives as a stock or modified vehicle with greatly reflect this.

250-350WHP Stock pcm With Big map ROM
    350+ WHP evo ECU......... V6 will still use stock PCM with Big maps.
    There really is no way to set a HP "limit" on what the stock PCM can handle. Keep in mind that these PCMs/ECUs are still a ways ahead of some standalones on the market currently. The Evo community has thoroughly proven this over the years with the power levels they are putting out while still running the stock ECU for that platform. As mentioned already, the 3rd Gen 4cyl M/T ECU is 100% identical to the Evo VIII ECU, they have the full ability to make serious HP numbers by simply flashing an Evo VIII ROM file to their ECU and tuning it.

This platform community is just slowly catching up to the developmentsand capabilities of EcuFlash tuning for this vehicle (as well as the 3rd Gen Eclipse).

With all of that above said, this patch for the Galant platform will benefit everybody greatly if properly tuned just like anything else. It doesn't matter if you are completely stock, modified, turbo, or N/A. I am not sure how TDM is handling the release of their patch files (whether open source XML files, or product purchase), but we would imagine this will be less expensive than purchasing another ECU and a conversion harness.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Thanks Matt for the input.

SOHC Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    but we would imagine this will be less expensive than purchasing another ECU and a conversion harness.
    So the way its looking right now is I can use my stock ecu for say 600 to 800 hp areas? Does anybody know the specific reason why we can't flash our ecu with and evo rom? Is the proccessors different? Because if we can get our ecu to work with say 600 hp, then none of the dyno tuner will be able to tune for me right? Unless i have the evo rom in it right?

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Is the ecu pin out within the evo rom. Our harness is different than the evo. Manual eclipse is the same as the evo thas why they could flash the evo rom with no problem.

Is possible to get to 600HP with supporting mod and a really good tune with the big maps. Any tuner that is really good could tune the a bigger resolution map but it takes time. You could tune old fashion way by blocking the timing but at the end you need to smooth the numbers out to get a better reading.

Matt. The reason i say go with a evo ecu for like 400+hp for the 4cly is because the evo rom have more mods for boost than the our new big map. I understand the resolution by loads of 5 and 250 rpms. Easy tune and a better smooth power band. But we are limited withing the rom to tune boost and other timing maps for bigger power.

V6 guys have no other choice to use the big maps. If we could use the vr4 rom everyone will use that rom insted of the big map, because that rom have more features and mods withing the rom for a better and more round performance.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 12-23-2011 at 01:20 PM

SOHC Turbo

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast