The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4G64, 6GXX, BIG MAPS stock pcm Rom

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 85
    black is ground white goes to the ECU on the knock sensor

I will recommend getting the actual knock sensor wire since is heavily shield from outside interference. You could get it from a v6, eclipse manual, or evo. I'm using the evo plug with the pig tail works 100% stock. Dion is doing the swap, we will write a tutorial how to install on pcm. The only hard part is that port/pin 90 needs to be open/enable with thing the rom.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 01-03-2012 at 05:10 PM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Correction it's actually pin 90, my molestake...

corrected. :) ups

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Thanks for the info guys ill hit you guys up when I'm rdy,

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    MODS

5 speed swap
    Eibach Pro Kit on GR2 Struts
    Cold Air Intake
    Outlander Intake Manifold
    6G72 V6 Throttle Body
    6G72 V6 Fuel Pump
    Axle Back Exhaust (ebay)
    Evo Fuel Rail
    Evo Radiator
    Rear Disc Swap
    Prothane Motor Mount Inserts

im getting 25mpg city and 30mpg highway untuned!!!

Glad to help

Im officialy runing the big map on my stock pcm. Tuned the map to run with my n/a setup. Is working like a shamp.

Knock on cel is a great mod. I could see when i have knock. the cel flashes 3 times when i get 3 or more knock count.

SOHC Turbo

^^^Baller!

We are not playing here. Focus time

SOHC Turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    Could just shoot him a smoothed out map, with adjusted fuel mapping and see noticeable results guys.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Your right but I'd be reluctant to mess with fuel without knowing where his afr's is at, better safe than sorry

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    Your right but I'd be reluctant to mess with fuel without knowing where his afr's is at, better safe than sorry
    im with you on this, if all goes well i might have a wide band to barrow for a few days and i just got word jestr is in town to tune a 3g turbo eclipse with evo ecu swap,
    Last edited by finald8ta; 01-04-2012 at 08:40 PM

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    C'monnnnnnnn, you guys have been tinkering enough with the tuning stuff to have a good idea for the safe area to tune within. For an N/A application and having a number of logs from other tuning work you should be able to easily setup a good base tune for people, application specific of course you would need complete log files.

If it is boosted, more than likely running an Evo VIII ROM file. The Evo ROM has to be adjusted for timing and stuff anways. If it is an umodified Evo ROM that was flashed to the vehicle, the timing not being adjusted will yield 7-12+ counts of knock quite easily.

We have a decent base ROM setup now from one customer's vehicle I guess we could get finished up and put online for people to use until they can establish a specific tune for their vehicle, it would at least be safer than just the base Evo VIII ROM file.

As for the knock sensor wiring, no need for the "shielded" wire guys. It is just a metal jacketed insulation to protect from magnetic field interferance with other signal wires within the harness. The Knock sensor circuit is simply a sensor signal wire, and a ground wire. Take two wires, put them in a drill chuck, make them a twisted pair of wires. One is the signal the other is grounded on both ends and this produces a protective "field" around the signal wire from interferance.

www.blackheartmotors.net

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    C'monnnnnnnn, you guys have been tinkering enough with the tuning stuff to have a good idea for the safe area to tune within. For an N/A application and having a number of logs from other tuning work you should be able to easily setup a good base tune for people, application specific of course you would need complete log files.

We most certainly have done enough tinkering and you are absolutely right, we could do that for him.

If it is boosted, more than likely running an Evo VIII ROM file. The Evo ROM has to be adjusted for timing and stuff anways. If it is an umodified Evo ROM that was flashed to the vehicle, the timing not being adjusted will yield 7-12+ counts of knock quite easily.

We have a decent base ROM setup now from one customer's vehicle I guess we could get finished up and put online for people to use until they can establish a specific tune for their vehicle, it would at least be safer than just the base Evo VIII ROM file.

That would be generous of you...

As for the knock sensor wiring, no need for the "shielded" wire guys. It is just a metal jacketed insulation to protect from magnetic field interferance with other signal wires within the harness. The Knock sensor circuit is simply a sensor signal wire, and a ground wire. Take two wires, put them in a drill chuck, make them a twisted pair of wires. One is the signal the other is grounded on both ends and this produces a protective "field" around the signal wire from interferance.

Never thought of it in that prospective, dually noted I will use that method in the future.
    :
    Last edited by deeznutz; 01-04-2012 at 08:24 PM

Experienced TGC Member
    The community really just needs one good and safe generic base flash tune for those running the Evo ECU and don't have a cable or tuning access right away. That way they would at least be running safely and not have any worry about the ignition/fuel being a serious concern for them until they can get tuned.

See, I do know a couple things about electrical and wiring :-P LOL

www.blackheartmotors.net

True about the base map for people who dont have a wideband or knock sensor. But not every 2 engine are the same. But you right there is a safe zone for fuel and timing. Map smothing is a plus. On my research with my g and the tuning. I have to say 4g64 injectors and maf sucks ass. It always wants to run lean. Unless you tune a few maps there and there but is not easy. Specially with the change of tb, outlander mani and other mods.

About the knock sensor is a yes and no. Is better to be safe, is for a reason and all the mitsu cars that has a knock sensor have the shield. Is very important no to get confuse with false knock if there is some type of interfiring, them we be tuning the wrong values.

With the big map since the resolution was increase there are more space for knock. Im trying to reduce the knock on the new base map. So far so good i got most of the crazy ones.

I could say power band are so smooth now.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 01-04-2012 at 10:07 PM

SOHC Turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    True about the base map for people who dont have a wideband or knock sensor. But not every 2 engine are the same. But you right there is a safe zone for fuel and timing. Map smothing is a plus. On my research with my g and the tuning. I have to say 4g64 injectors and maf sucks ass. It always wants to run lean. Unless you tune a few maps there and there but is not easy. Specially with the change of tb, outlander mani and other mods.
    This is true, but look at how Mitsu tuned the thousands of production vehicles on practically identical tunes. This is why it is important to have a good amount of tuning files on hand for different combinations, this way you can effectively make a "production" type tune that is safe and more beneficial to everybody as a good base tune over factory settings. We have done this for several vehicles and working on some more doing this very thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    About the knock sensor is a yes and no. Is better to be safe, is for a reason and all the mitsu cars that has a knock sensor have the shield. Is very important no to get confuse with false knock if there is some type of interfiring, them we be tuning the wrong values.
    Search google for "twisted wire pair" and you will understand how they are doing the same thing. Many manufacturers actually have gotten away from the shielded wire insulation due to cost and practicallity for repair. The twisted pair of wires does the same thing as the OEM shielded wiring, if not better because you can make a protective "shield" around the signal wire nearly from end to end unlike the OEM wiring which is not.

www.blackheartmotors.net

So has there been any update on this? Are these maps a go is there a place to download them? The one thing that kept me from boosting was the swapping to an EVO ECU.
    Poison457
    99 ES 4G64 I4 189k miles and still going strong
    5spd, rear disk swaped,
    Quote Originally Posted by Abd al-Hazir View Post
    I am at a loss to explain the average skeleton's somewhat ludicrous mental predisposition, however. Perhaps the implausibility of its own existence makes the skeleton think it hilarious to hide in a barrel, cackling intermittently for some three hundred years until a victim happens by?

any updates on the 6g72 big maps?? planning on boosting but need big maps
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

Is not been test it 100% this was made for a 99 v6 rom. Guys using 01-03 they need to change a 2 pins on the pcm.

Right now Dion G is up and running with the big map. We going to start testing and see what happens.

SOHC Turbo

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast