The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4G64, 6GXX, BIG MAPS stock pcm Rom

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 85
    I know big maps exists on the eclipse m/t ecu for sure. Silvertune is running it for his built and turbo 3.6
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

^^ correct. 00-01 rom some ROM id have them on the eclipse. But to get it for our cars. you need conv harness and a 00-05 eclipse manual ecu. Them flash a 00-01 big map rom.

we currently have a OEM big map for our galant cars with no PCM swap. but i dont want to release without testing first. Is a process. For the v6 is taking a little bit because is been tested on Dion 6g74 motor that was down for a while. Dion got it back up and now we are testing the rom. So far so good.

As for the 2.4L i have running the big map for about 4 months now tuned for a N/A 5 speed 02 engine with mild mods, special rom that i'm testing and hex changing as a go, so far no CEL or issue with any sensor. Soon im boosting the G then i could test loads above 100%.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 03-30-2012 at 11:39 AM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    Is not been test it 100% this was made for a 99 v6 rom. Guys using 01-03 they need to change a 2 pins on the pcm.

Right now Dion G is up and running with the big map. We going to start testing and see what happens.
    sweet!! well im on the hunt for a eclipse ecu and i email matt about a harness
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

also im willing to be a tester for big maps if needed

Experienced TGC Member
    In order to really test the big maps patch I would strongly advise to run it on a boosted setup to ensure everything is worrking properly and there are no issues with bucking or anything. Same issues were being worked out with the Eclipse Big Maps patch during their initial release as well, just some words of advice to prevent issues down the road should this be developed for the V6 Galant PCM

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    In order to really test the big maps patch I would strongly advise to run it on a boosted setup to ensure everything is worrking properly and there are no issues with bucking or anything. Same issues were being worked out with the Eclipse Big Maps patch during their initial release as well, just some words of advice to prevent issues down the road should this be developed for the V6 Galant PCM
    understood! and i hope it gets developed!

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    Any updates on the 4G64 big maps rom?
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

Update. Not tested for boost yet. Soon it will be. Let see what happens.

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

I was thinking about getting the tantrix 2.0 cable sometime in the future, but my question is I am sitting mostly stock with only a few small mods to the motor, would it be benafical for me to start learning the tune process for when I do start my turbo build or should I wait till I start the build? I also read that I need the wide band o2 for more accurate readings? ( all I have done so far is 6g72 tb swap, short ram intake, and some exhaust work but nothing major)

Last thing you need is a tune. Get all the parts see what you need. Hp goals etc. is a good idea to get a cable to do logs so a pro tuner could look at them and do adjustment to the fuel and timing for a safe tune. Also wideband is a most when you want to get a good reading for your fuel map. Also it let the tuner know how rich or lean the engine is operating.

SOHC Turbo

Quick question; possibly dumb question I haven't thought of until now. Do our engines have knock sensors!? Do our maps/ecu's read knock count?

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

^^^ wow did you ever notice that sensor under your lower intake mani? That is a knock sensor!!! Silly boy lol

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    ^^^ wow did you ever notice that sensor under your lower intake mani? That is a knock sensor!!! Silly boy lol
    Lol! Is that what that is!? Lmao thank you. I had no idea what a knock sensor looked like or if the v6 even had one. I'm a little relieved.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Yep the v6 carries a knock the 4g64 does not in the g only the eclipse stupid of mitsu but it is what it is...

X2. 4g64 g dont have knock sensor but i patched my rom to read knock. :)

Edit. To do this you need eclipse knock sensor with pig tail and re-pin the pcm
    Last edited by Isaurio; 07-23-2012 at 05:53 PM

SOHC Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    Yep the v6 carries a knock the 4g64 does not in the g only the eclipse stupid of mitsu but it is what it is...
    I must have a eclipse motor or I am looking at the wrong thing but I think my 4g64 has a knock sensor? It is bolted to the block under intake mani right under where the brace bolts to block, looks similar to a sparkplug?

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    Last thing you need is a tune. Get all the parts see what you need. Hp goals etc. is a good idea to get a cable to do logs so a pro tuner could look at them and do adjustment to the fuel and timing for a safe tune. Also wideband is a most when you want to get a good reading for your fuel map. Also it let the tuner know how rich or lean the engine is operating.
    That's what I was wondering, thanks. I just wasn't sure if I could gain anything from adjusting the fuel trim?

Quote Originally Posted by djhah View Post
    I must have a eclipse motor or I am looking at the wrong thing but I think my 4g64 has a knock sensor? It is bolted to the block under intake mani right under where the brace bolts to block, looks similar to a sparkplug?
    Oil pressure sender

Quote Originally Posted by djhah View Post

Like mrg said. Is the oil pressure sensor what u see.

That's what I was wondering, thanks. I just wasn't sure if I could gain anything from adjusting the fuel trim?
    Buy adjusting the fuel and timing on a stock motor i seen some gains with a base smoothing tune. Both v6 and i4

Pm me if you interested in a base tune.

SOHC Turbo

Isauro do you ever lean out the car to maximize fuel economy and keep about stock performance?

You could lean out the fuel map at cruise for fuel economy. Max you could go at idle and up too 40 load 15.3 or so

SOHC Turbo

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast