The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OEM search

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

OEM search

I'm looking for the center console and the cup holder. The cars interior is the beige color and I wanna switch that over to the black. I tried spraying it but it didn't come out as clean as I wanted. So far every site I have entered the part number into turns out to be a no find. PART #1070250YA. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on one?

stumbled upon a vinyl site... Rvinyl.com... does anyone know if they do good work?... im gonna use this to change over the dash and such. but I am still looking for a black center console.
    Last edited by TheG3; 12-26-2011 at 02:47 PM

If your a 8g they never came in black. Not sure you can vinyl the cup holder because there's too many curves, but the dash is a go with vinyl pretty flat for the most part. Next time you paint a piece of plastic scuff up the surface with a 3m pad you'll get better adherence that's probably where you went wrong, and use a flat black looks more like oem than a gloss...

Experienced TGC Member
    If you paint the stuff do as suggested and scuff the pieces thoroughly. In addition to prepping the surface, when painting the plastic interior pieces sprayin an adhesion promoter down first helps with paint sticking to the material.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Nahh 9G... But yeah, the surface of the interior console is that awkward surface. After a few coats it finally came out sleek. And by coats I mean a can and a half... Oh well, yeah I'm definitely looking into the vinyl, it will look great with the interior LEDs I did. I went with a glossy black, I know the flat black looks OEM but the shine that comes out during the day and at night with the lights is clean... Which 3M pad though, do you mean sand paper, they come in so many different grains. Which would be best?

Emery cloth it's almost like what u find on the back of a sponge. Sorry I can't think of the specific name right now