The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: post your system thread

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 95
    Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    To be honest, if I wasn't such a bass addict and didn't rely on my iPhone for my music content, I'd have left the Infinity system alone, the sound quality was nice, just no bass or volume. And I can't be content with using a RF transmitter for my iPhone, the sound quality is ass.
    agreed but i have a 2004 g9 and the bass with the stock Infinty speakers sounds nice and is loud

Quote Originally Posted by GalantBen View Post
    agreed but i have a 2004 g9 and the bass with the stock Infinty speakers sounds nice and is loud
    I'd have to hear it to judge, but in my experience no sound system in a car sounds as good as it does with a dedicated subwoofer. The full range speakers just can't do it all at once, at least not in the bassy genre's I listen to. The Infinity system in the 8G is pretty good, so I'd imagine it's better in a 9G, but I still think my setup shits on the Bose setup I had in the 2011 Impala LTZ rental I had a few months ago, and I really liked the loudness and clarity of that system, very powerful, lots of bass, but not close to my setup.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Kenwood KIV 701 Headunit
    Infinity 1600a mono block
    Pioneer 760 2 channel for the mids and highs
    Big 3 (0 gauge)
    0 gauge ran from front battery to a back battery
    15 inch Skar audio in a custom box 36L x 16w x 16h (rubs right torsion bar)
    Infinity mids and Highs + Audioque super Tweets in the rear deck wired them all to 4 ohms and bridged them on the pioneer giving them all 63.3 watts a speaker.
    Amps are hidden in spare tire well ran my remote wire to a relay so no stress was put on my deck

Sorry no pics atm took everything out to hide my wires neatly under the trunk carpet
    Last edited by Redhaze; 01-01-2012 at 10:06 PM
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

Help? Does anyone know where i can get an 07 galant nav din? Ive literally been looking everywhere just for this one din and i can find it.

You need to get a what?

Quote Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
    I searched and didnt see one, so lets start a "post up your system thread" itll be interesting to see what all people have wedged into the trunks of their galants.

So post up a pic and a description
    So far im thinking my setup will be an alpine 15" type r or two (have one so far) with a kenwood 1000 watt amp
    Just got two more type r 12"s...So my system will be TWO type R 12"s and ONE type R 15"
    Still need to source a couple good priced amps to power all this, But I'll be picking up some MDF and will hopefully be making the enclosures in the next week. Plan is to have the 15" mounted inverted in the middle, with a 12" slanted on either side and my air tank for my air bags mounted in the very front.

thats roughly about 1800watts rms worth of subs your trying to run if your trying to run them all at rated power your going to need to upgrade your electrical

Edit: with our trunk space youd be better off ditching the 15 and building a 1.5 cubic feet per a chamber after displacement for the 2 12s id bet you a dollar youd get better ouput and they can be ported this way which well benefit you even more. if you mix the 15 and the 12 even if you invert it they well be canceling each other out and the 15 well hit not longer then the 2 12 and itll sound like shit while the 15 is going booooomm and the 12s are going booom booom
    Last edited by Redhaze; 01-08-2012 at 10:35 PM
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I helped a neighbor doing the brakes on his wives car and he gave me these speakers and amp so I guess I will start to Dynomat my entire car soon and get more speakers and a head unit.

2 12" Kicker Solo Beric L7s with Audiopipe amp.

Solobarics always a win!

Here is mine in its current incarnation

Alpine IVA-D310 (modified to play video while driving)
    MB Quart 6.5's in the front
    MB Quart 6x9 in the rear deck
    No amps yet (although I have them) 1 Alpine 600x4 for the interior and 1000x1 for the subs also not installed yet
    Diamond Audio D9 12" subs

Just waiting to see what I am gonna do with the car before I continue. I have a serious alarm also...not installed! LOL

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Redhaze View Post
    thats roughly about 1800watts rms worth of subs your trying to run if your trying to run them all at rated power your going to need to upgrade your electrical

Edit: with our trunk space youd be better off ditching the 15 and building a 1.5 cubic feet per a chamber after displacement for the 2 12s id bet you a dollar youd get better ouput and they can be ported this way which well benefit you even more. if you mix the 15 and the 12 even if you invert it they well be canceling each other out and the 15 well hit not longer then the 2 12 and itll sound like shit while the 15 is going booooomm and the 12s are going booom booom

I was already planning on a HO alternator, and a battery in the trunk-No worries there.

And I should have plenty of room, Already have a few sub boxs designed, each ported and each in there own box all built to alpines spec and tuned to 32hz. Should be able to start building by the weekend.

But, Please If i am indeed missing something that you see, Please by all means PM me and yell at me before I waste a lot of time! LOL

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Just started piecing my system together. Stock headunit, added the USA Spec Pa15 Hon2 Ipod adapter, the music was clean but needed a lil more bass so I just purchased an MA Audio SS1600.2 2 channel amp. Only going to hook up 1 sub tho, Lanzar MAXP104D 1o" sub, 600 watt rms 1200 peak. Wire to 2 ohm non-bridged to amp and feed it 400 RMS. 4 ga wiring. Should do just fine

Pionneer DEH-3300UB head unit
    polk db651 front speakers
    stock rear speakers

^^ Nice! How do you like so far?

MrG reminded me.... post some quick instal pics

The rear deck (6x9)

and the components in the doors

and the door back together...

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

^^ Nice! How do you like so far?
    Bass is same as stock, but so much clearer in the mids and highs. They sound great, but since the mids and highs are upped I need to up, up the bass

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    JVC headunit
    1800w Kenwood amp
    2 12" Sony Xplodes
    Cadence cap
    Stock Infinity speakers in car

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2kG View Post
    JVC headunit
    1800w Kenwood amp
    2 12" Sony Xplodes
    Cadence cap
    Stock Infinity speakers in car
    Good amp, I'm looking to get one of the kenwood 1800 watts to match my smaller kenwood 1000 watt lol. For the size of the amp, my 1000 puts off pretty good power

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    I paid $185 brand new. I had a 1000w too awesome amps

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast