The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: post your system thread

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Showing results 81 to 95 of 95
    8 g galant with upgraded infiniti kappas all aroung, running with dual head unit with 3.5 inch TV, I can also run video off myipod onto it, and the gtz amp wired for the inside speakers and a dual 340 amp for my aluma pro 10"

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Redhaze View Post
    Was referring to greg lol i think he is using the stock GTZ amp im not sure if hell be able to wire the eq to that.
    Oh, thanks X, the one I was looking at had RCA terminals so it would be an easy hookup but I've been reconsidering, I'm not sure what I wanna do with my sound system at the moment, for sure though I need to eliminate some rattles though, since I turned my sub to face the rear the bass is hitting harder it seems like and I can hear the spoiler vibrate on some songs much more than it did before.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

You can get the cable to hook to the infiniti amp off amazon it wasn't expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by bgood12 View Post
    You can get the cable to hook to the infiniti amp off amazon it wasn't expensive.

Oh I have that already, I have my Pioneer HU running the Infinity amp for a while now:

It sounds pretty good, but there's room for improvement.

-Greg

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, thanks X, the one I was looking at had RCA terminals so it would be an easy hookup but I've been reconsidering, I'm not sure what I wanna do with my sound system at the moment, for sure though I need to eliminate some rattles though, since I turned my sub to face the rear the bass is hitting harder it seems like and I can hear the spoiler vibrate on some songs much more than it did before.
    buy second-skin best deadner ever 2 sheets well fix the rattle completely 4-5 sheets should stop the spoiler from moving since all you have is 1 12. spoilers are just one of those things that are kinda hard to stop.
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

^^Duly noted!

-Greg

Back in the day when I still had my 8G

A Box I did for my S14. Picked up the sub/amp/another box off Craigslist for cheap. Fixed a channel in the amp and got this going for under $100 total.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    I'm almost positive you will get engine noise and interference by doing that.

^That's mainly why I've been reconsidering, I've read the signal-to-noise ratio is high with this EQ and with those clear Infinity speakers, I definitely can hear when one of my songs that was downloaded with a low bitrate comes on, even with the Sound Retriever function on, those speakers let me hear a lot of detail. So I know if I introduced a component with noise in it, I'd hear it and be annoyed.

-Greg

You audiophile!!!

Same here, infinity components in front, 6x9 rear, infinity 4ch and pretty clean Pio deck and there is definitely a difference in ipod sound and cd, also a difference in mp3 cd and regular 80min.

Sent from my Rooted Droid X using hacked Tapatalk 2

What I've tried to do is download songs off bittorents only if they say 320 kbps, the lowest I'll do is 192 kbps, that's what my iTunes converts CD's at and I don't hear much of a difference. All my iTunes purchases are 256, 160 I can hear but it's not as bad as 128, which is just low and noisy. I got one song I could only find at 96 kbps, it sounds like ass. I got audio I rip from youtube downloads, they are hit or miss, some of them sound great, others not so much.

-Greg

^ Bittorrents FTW!

Finally got pics
    Kenwood Head unit

Rockford Fosgate T1693 6x9s

Power Acoustik 1250watt 2 channel amp and 2 12" SSA Dcon subwoofers

I was re-tuning my amps after I got baffles for my speakers, I was able to get more mid range which meant I need more bass, (highs not an issue they are infinity). So I gave more juice to my mono amp and ended up rattling a fluorecent light loose in my buddies shop.

Picture of where the car was parked as I bumped it. Light directly above Golf Cart. Ladder propped against it so I could fix the light.

Damages, good thing the zip tie was there to catch it since the lights dont have covers. Note here in Palm Springs we are right on the San Andreas fault and we frequent 3 to 6 magnitude quakes never has a light fell.

Sent from my Rooted Droid X using hacked Tapatalk 2

I know they supposedly are horrible but I have the dual head unit that has the 3.5 inch screen. I have had for almost ten years and have only recently started to have problems with it which went away. I have it hooked to the infinity amp from a gtz and then to infinity kappa and a alumapro sub with a dual mono amp 340 watt. The head unit can play music and video from my ipod, CD player still works, and I have inputs for adding another screen, adding a video game, and a reverse camera. I can't complain. But when I thought it was broken I almost got the pioneer limited head unit looks sweet. But I don't need it now.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345