The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need Help from the TGC family

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Showing results 81 to 89 of 89
    Congrats Jesus. Im glad you don't have to get ride of it and its working well! You still gotta let me take it out for a spin one day.

Good to hear man.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Thanx guy, it really means alot to me the motavation you guys give me, and really thanx to Isaurio for his time an effort he's about to put into helping me tune this baby out. We are both going to plan a day for him to come on down to NJ for a good day and fix the map on the ECU and even get rid of the CEL on the tranny. Ill update all of you when this happend and how it comes out.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Man im sure your really happy now you can awake the beast!

Congrats!

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

10.0 afr = rich right? 14.7 is ideal, less than that means less air, which means more fuel I think. I always thought lower was richer, a tuner can correct me if I'm wrong though.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

what happened to taking your car to the shop?

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    10.0 afr = rich right? 14.7 is ideal, less than that means less air, which means more fuel I think. I always thought lower was richer, a tuner can correct me if I'm wrong though.
    Yeah, lower is richer.
    Dude- KEEP IT GOING BRO!

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Yes. 10 is rich thats boosts level afrs. You get max burn for power is at 12.5 or so. Less lean is not about the air been less is about the injectors is not supplying the require fuel for a giving load.

14.7 is set my mitsu so it could keep minimum emission and save fuel at idle and low to mid cruise. Is main for the cat to keep it safe. Main O2 sensor is designed to keep afr at 14.7 on close loop. But ideal maximum fuel economy is at 15.2-5 or so AFR not 14.7. So i would say
    10 to 60-70 load or so is at 14.7 AFR
    80 to 100 is open loop so around 12.5+- for a N/A
    Boost 100+ loads is open loop it should be around 13 and lower depends on boost levels. This it just an average.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    what happened to taking your car to the shop?
    I took the car to Akuma Motorsports to see what the leak down test tells me, but as good as these people sound, you cant really trust anyone. All they told me was that compression is low and losin 20% compression on 1 and 2 cylinders. I asked where is it leaking from and they said they would have to take it apart to find out. Now I thought doing a leak down test would tell you where its leaking from........hmmmmmm wast of my time. Also John who is the owner said he tried to start the car but it would go on, so I went to go check it out and they forgot to connect the coil packs

After I tunred on the car and hed went to close my hood and forgot to take my battery cap that covers the + side of the battery from the side of the hood and broke it and was still trying to close the hood until my friend finaly said..ummmm something is there sir.lol Also after taking the car to Akuma now I have oil going into my #1 spark plug tube.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345