The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need Help from the TGC family

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 89
    Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    Yeah. I will go with a evo maf or a eclipse gts maf. Yes the SD is all in the rom within the ECU. You could always flash back a stock rom. We could find the stock rom with the current ECU ROM ID you have now.
    Ok I already found an Eclipse GTS MAF for a good price, alot cheaper than the Evo MAF. Ok since Im ganna go with you on tunning how can we make this work out? I need the cable and everything else right? Its also a matter how I get to you with the car also.lol

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

http://forums.evolutionm.net/sale-en...-gear-one.html

GET THIS ONE VERY CHEEP FOR A EVO $60

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    http://forums.evolutionm.net/sale-en...-gear-one.html

GET THIS ONE VERY CHEEP FOR A EVO $60
    I pm'ed the guy so hopefuly he still has it and Ill ge that one, good eye on that.

I dont know if you saw the other thing i put down but how do we make this work out...on tunning the car? I know you live in NY in the Bronx and I live in NJ in Carteret, this is my only problem is how do I ge tthe car to you? I mean if this cant work out at all and you dont have time its all good, but just need to know what I need and what I need to do in order for this to work out. Ill email you more about this so keep an eye on your email.

We work something out. Maybe i will have to make a few trips over there. But everything you could do it your self for now. Like install the maf. pull out rom, log a few sensors. Nothing crazy at the beginning.

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Idk if yall done it yet but y'all should trade numbers. The responses between mags would be faster than waiting for each other to post. Just a heads up.

Ah I see you got screwed by Turbotrix too and now its bringing you down? Don't feel alone brotha. Ask them about the 08' EVO X from FL, the one with the stroker motor they built, then blew up and wouldn't take responsibility that it was THEIR FAULT. It ran GREAT, made 586awhp, minus that it used a quart or two of oil every 500 miles. Then a valve went through piston #3 while cruising. On another note, oil never looked normal, always looked like graphite, as if the pistons were too small for the cylinder. One thing is, they half ass everything for an outrageous amount. I have never heard of anyone having good results from TT unless it is TT's own vehicles.

I say keep the car and find a REPUTABLE SHOP.

(actually, don't ask them about the 08' EVO X from FL lol. was being sarcastic)
    1999 North Star White V6 8G
    2003 Yamaha R6
    2008 Lancer Evolution X

The Original FACTION from the BGR Days
    First Founder of TGC Florida 2002-2005

Jesus, akunamotorsports is a reputable shop in NJ. Call them with questions.

He's got all the support he needs right here!

all he needs is a tow to your spot lol

Nahh we could take a nice trip to help a member out. First, we need to take it one step at a time. Starting low and slow. To break in a engine is like taking care a new born baby. Slow patient and let the engine do its thing. You need to learn how to walk before you run.

Break in
    Low boost
    Keep the setup as simple as posible
    Them at 1k we could start adding goodies.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 01-04-2012 at 10:20 PM

SOHC Turbo

Hey guys thanks for the help, and Isaurio I got your text but my phone is acting crazy and wont let me do much so this week im getting a new phone to work with. I been contacting that one member on the Evo forrum and he does still have the maf which is good. The other day I took a look at my turbo set up and it seems that my rad fan is in the way and it would be impossible for me to fit anything there so right now Im looking for my mishimoto racing fan I have to put on that side. I have one on the outside pushinging air in and the other pulling, but if I cant find the other one i have ill buy a slim fan from Jegs.

Quote Originally Posted by carl3g View Post
    Jesus, akunamotorsports is a reputable shop in NJ. Call them with questions.
    Damn Carl good eye thats near me, Ill give them a call with some info. Dosnt hurt to collect as much info as I can and Isaurio is 110% right...it takes time to brake in a motor. I have to let it just run and do its thing "Baby Staps" but I am so greatful for all of you helping me out, the TGC family counldt get any better than this.

Pssh, break the engine in hard and fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    True way to do it, these motors arent like the motors of the old days. If it is going blow it will within the first 5 miles. There are several writes ups on this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    True way to do it, these motors arent like the motors of the old days. If it is going blow it will within the first 5 miles. There are several writes ups on this.
    This is partially true wisco only requires a 1 hour break in period at mild driving but the problem isn't there he is not fully tuned yet and that where the problem lyes so hard and fast is not a wise choice!!!

Reported

SOHC Turbo

I just checked out Akuma Motorsports just bc it was 7 min away from where I work and damn....the place is awesome, and met John who is the owner of Akuma. Awesome guy, he took his time to sit and talk to me about my car. Thanx Carl for finding this place for me bc he showed me his shop and damn its clean, well organized, and they love what they do. John said if I want to make sure everything is ok with the motor before doing a full tune he told me we can do a leak down test and compression test on the car together so that we know that their might be something wrong with motor and he will take a look at the mess TurboTrix has placed on the ECU. I said the name TurboTrix and he laughed really hard...told he that he was sorry, it was a good joke to start off the new year.lol So tom ganna tow it and get a leak down test, after that Ill up date you Isaurio about what thay say and if everything looks good i will continue with the full tune. Youll be the first one to know.

Thanks buddy. Let me know. What type of work does the shop does. I want to do some machine work on a head.

SOHC Turbo

Check out their website bro, they seem to do alot of work on many different types of cars and types of machine work.

http://www.akumamotorsports.com/

Akuma does all types of work. I learned about Akuma because they have an amazing clean bugeye and like 2 R35 being built for the 1/4 mile. Glad I was able to help out in any way Jesus.

Link to clean bugeye: http://www.akumamotorsports.com/medi...akuma-wrx.html
    The owner is named Dmoney on NASIOC and its an award winner.
    Last edited by carl3g; 01-06-2012 at 09:40 PM

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast