The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant wreckers yards in LA ?

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Galant wreckers yards in LA ?

Anyone have a recommendation for a good place to look at wrecked 9G galants in LA?

Will be there soon and have a few suggestions but wouldn't mind some more if anyone has them?

thanks in advance

what are you looking for have to tried a local search on www.car-parts.com
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    what are you looking for have to tried a local search on www.car-parts.com
    I believe he is an overseas member and shipping will cost him half a nut, Lol, which is why he wants to buy at salvage yards while he is in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by redblower View Post
    Anyone have a recommendation for a good place to look at wrecked 9G galants in LA?

Will be there soon and have a few suggestions but wouldn't mind some more if anyone has them?

thanks in advance
    I don't know of any out there, but a Google search of yards close to where you are will help once you arrive.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar

thanks in advance
    There are wreckage yards all over Los Angeles, you need to be more specific in which area you will be in... What parts are you looking for? How long will you be here?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    There are wreckage yards all over Los Angeles, you need to be more specific in which area you will be in... What parts are you looking for? How long will you be here?
    I have two weeks in California then I head for Florida.

Parts? I am after the complete wiring loom, all ecus, ignition switch, steering wheel, possibly a bonnet, a 6g75 Mivec, fuel pump, trunk lid, rear lights ...

I basically need a yard that will let me pick off my own parts in my own good time....not just parts off the shelf, too many missing bits that way.

Also looking for an endeavour wreck.

The shipping company is in Carson and I have access to a 32 foot shipping container....so probably whithin 500 miles is good?

I was charged $400 to ship one $100 driveshaft a few months back, so I don't trust online parts suppliers...
    Last edited by redblower; 12-29-2011 at 05:54 PM

I have two weeks in California then I head for Florida.

Parts? I am after the complete wiring loom, all ecus, ignition switch, steering wheel, possibly a bonnet, a 6g75 Mivec, fuel pump, trunk lid, rear lights ...

I basically need a yard that will let me pick off my own parts in my own good time....not just parts off the shelf, too many missing bits that way.

Also looking for an endeavour wreck.

The shipping company is in Carson and I have access to a 32 foot shipping container....so probably whithin 500 miles is good?

I was charged $400 to ship one $100 driveshaft a few months back, so I don't trust online parts suppliers...
    Its hard to find a yard that will let you pick off your own parts with a car that is still relatively new. The 8G's are just now showing up in those kind of yards out here. For the 9G & Endeavour's you will have to settle for the "Off the shelf" yards.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Its hard to find a yard that will let you pick off your own parts with a car that is still relatively new. The 8G's are just now showing up in those kind of yards out here. For the 9G & Endeavour's you will have to settle for the "Off the shelf" yards.

In spite of that handicap :) who would you recommend for a wiring loom?

The entire 9G car wiring loom?

For loom you might be better off buying bulk of the size you need. Not necessarily from a yard.

I know of 2 Mitsu Yards. 1 is in Sun Valley off San Fernando Road and the other is right above El Monte off the 605 North right before you hit the 210 freeway. I know these places let you pick your parts. Hope this helps you out.

I Hate yards that won't let you pick parts. Loss of possible sales, as people may be tempted to buy other stuff they see as they pull a part.

And if theft is their reason, then they should require inspection of bags before people leave as a part of their "Terms & Conditions" of pulling your own part, as well as a disclaimer to enter at own risk in case one gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by LosAngelesRider View Post
    I know of 2 Mitsu Yards. 1 is in Sun Valley off San Fernando Road and the other is right above El Monte off the 605 North right before you hit the 210 freeway. I know these places let you pick your parts. Hope this helps you out.

that's great...thanks heaps, what address are they please?

(that way i can program straight into my GPS...it's hard enough driving on the wrong side of the road)

nearly crashed the car just driving out of the rental yard....LOL

Last trip I drove down the I5 to san diego, then las vegas, reno and san Francisco....

Mush smaller distances than in australia....

"Last trip I drove down the I5 to san diego, then las vegas, reno and san Francisco...."

wow that's quite a road trip. sounds like fun. you should try pch/hwy 1 from san francisco to LA. that is an awesome drive
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

JDM Zenki Conversion