The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Going back to stock steel wheels

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 31

Going back to stock steel wheels

Ok long story short .......I cant go more then 2 yrs without having to replace my rims due to the old lady hitting pot holes. So Im going back to the stock steel rims. Maybe they will last a little longer being steel is stronger then aluminum.

Does $50 a piece sound like a good price for new steel rims on a 2001?

Maybe I should have mentioned if anyone lives around Detroit area and is looking to get rid of any let me know.

Sounds like the old lady needs her own car to destroy.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    Sounds like the old lady needs her own car to destroy.
    This!

My wife hasn't touched my G since the wheels been on, she'll hit the same damn pothole everyday without thinking twice. I say save all that shit for your SUV, do not touch my Galant.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    This!

My wife hasn't touched my G since the wheels been on, she'll hit the same damn pothole everyday without thinking twice. I say save all that shit for your SUV, do not touch my Galant.
    This

I have like this built in pothole radar, I know where the holes are, how far down the street they are, on which side, depth, width and length all calculated. I often find myself dodging holes and bumps in a car with meaty tires like, my 04 HOE.

Look man, coming out of our community if you get on the highway exit that is just after the turn out of the community, on the on-ramp there's this big ass pothole that's been there since the last time we lived over here seven years ago. You'd think she'd avoid it right?

Wrong.

Almost every time she's driving, I'll say "Watch out for the--BUMP--never mind."

Speed bumps, them shits never move and they even paint 'em white or yellow for your convenience. She hit them shits at full speed all thee time. All she say?

"Oops."

Fuck that. She's not getting in the driver's side of my car ever again.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

I can avoid potholes on roads that i'm not familiar with, no matter how dark it is.

But I know what you mean. I trust my cars wheels more with my buddies who know whats up with potholes and the I do the Female.

if i hit a pothole there goes my bumper and oil pan haha

Even with my TEIN S-Techs the oil pan sits freakishly low. Like 4 of my fat fingers from the ground.

right now its my oil filter once I go to a evo oil filter that will be taken care of then a skid plate soon. But with my new lip setup the car will be really low

^^ Careful man.

My habits have rubbed off with my g/f thankfully. Since she's excited to get wheels (already have) and lower the G, she's been paying attention to my driving habits. Angling the car for inclines, judging potholes from afar, and altogether making new routes to avoid bad roads/construction. I've had my 17" ROHs for +3 years, and +47,000 miles in my ownership, and no bends when I had them rebalanced back in October.

-Chris-

From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

My habits have rubbed off with my g/f thankfully. Since she's excited to get wheels (already have) and lower the G, she's been paying attention to my driving habits. Angling the car for inclines, judging potholes from afar, and altogether making new routes to avoid bad roads/construction. I've had my 17" ROHs for +3 years, and +47,000 miles in my ownership, and no bends when I had them rebalanced back in October.
    Wish I could only be so lucky. I don't know what's up with most females but they seem to be more interested with what is going on in the car or what they are listening to instead of the darn road. So far over the last 3 years I have had to replace my rims every time I replace my tires. Crap about $800+ ever time I need tires. Can't keep up with it anymore. Lol

Yeah, tell the bish to get her own vehicle.

-Chris-

Steel wheels stronger than alloys?

:door:

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    Steel wheels stronger than alloys?

:door:
    You can easily fix and beat back into shape a steel wheel. Just try and bending back a lip on an alloy. lol

-Chris-

Not always stronger though. But since they're about $10 bux a piece, lots of meat on tires it can take pothole abuse

I am so glad my wife drives a lowered car. she dodges potholes and drives over railroad tracks just as slow as I do.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You can easily fix and beat back into shape a steel wheel. Just try and bending back a lip on an alloy. lol
    Easily malleable does not mean stronger.

And I buy quality wheels and know how to drive, I'm not worried about bending a wheel.

As for the OP, stop buying POS wheels and send your girl back to driver's ed.

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    as for the op, stop buying pos wheels and send your girl back to driver's ed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast