The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Yellow Foglights

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 50
    Oh god Rich, those are Amber! Gonna look like bright ass parking lights! LoL.

They'd probably look good with my parking lights ;)

I might put them on when I get a new USDM bumper cover. BTW, if you didn't know, you can put Mustang GTS fog light covers over our stock fog lights. It's not a perfect fit, but it works. I need to find what I did with my covers. I have two sets, one brand new, too.

This is real old school. Probably early Spring 2000 before I got my personal plates.

^ just needs the black grill. Never would have thought to use Mustang fog covers, nice little tip.

I would like to see pictures of those amber foglights installed on a G. I bet they wouldn't look like parking lights with a different color bulb combo.

I know, but back then, only the DE came with black grille's and no one was selling them (and then I contacted Don Herring Mitsubishi and they were able to get all sorts of OEM stuff). I got my first black grille from VegasMatt a couple years (maybe 3 years?) after this pic was taken.

Quote Originally Posted by GALANTICS View Post
    I would like to see pictures of those amber foglights installed on a G. I bet they wouldn't look like parking lights with a different color bulb combo.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/332804...subishi-galant

^^ Look like little suns, lol!

I had just done a Google search and i saw this G which is the same as the one in your picture Rich. I really like the look, definitely going with those.

I used Lamin-X film and Nokya Hyper yellow bulbs for mine. You can get a 4"X8" sheet of Lamin-X off Ebay for $5.00 which is enough to do both the fogs. Just stick on, squeegee and trim and you're done.......if you don't like it you can peel it right off. I later changed mine to optic blue Lamin-X.

^^
    Blue film and yellow bulbs?

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    ^^
    wonder how that looks
    personally i want the yellowest for my fogs but i got the new style fogs lol is there anyway to cover one fog without covering the flood light??

^ I wouldn't think so. It might look weird with a yellow block in the new style. Just go yellow hid.

This. Personally im not convinced on the whole film shit...

The film will help change the light output. The most yellow will be yellow film + yellow bulb.

New style fogs with yellow film would look weird imo.

Oh I know the color will change to Peter Griffin piss yellow, but where I'm not convinced is in the films durability, considering weather, heat from light, car washes....

I feel the same way, oakrdrs187.

My DDM HID setup.. the heads are 8000k 35w and the fogs are 3000k 35w.
    I would definitely recommend purchasing these..I've had them on a few of my vehicles and never had an issue. Can't go wrong for $30.

Maybe this company's golden bar yellow color hids? http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2938817

I like the gold bar color hids. Prices aren't bad with the 50% off.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    ^^

Lol, no. When I changed the film to optic blue, I changed the bulbs back to white. Lamin-x is awesome stuff and holds up just fine with no peeling or anything from heat. The stuff is thick, and gives good protection from rocks etc. The heat from your bulbs actually sets the film and relaxes any small air bubbles you may still have under it. I use a high pressure washer on the car twice a week, never had any sort of peeling or separation whatsoever. and hey, for only $5, if you don't like it you can remove it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast