The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hit and miss shaking on the freeway.

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Hit and miss shaking on the freeway.

Well I thought I would post this here just in case anyone else has the same problem I did. When driving down the freeway I would have a shake in the steering wheel that would come and go. Even if I held a constant speed. And also depending on what side of the roads crown/crest would also depend on how much and how often it happened.

Long story short the inner tie rod end was loose where it screws into the rack and pinion.

Even after many alignments and suspension inspections no one could find the problem. Only way I was able to find it was I had to replace the dust boots that cover the inner tie rod end.

So just a FYI or heads up if you happen to run across the same problem one day. That could be a reason for the shake.

Good info.

Should have labled thread differently though.
    I click thinking someone hit then missed hitting you on the freewsy and know your car shakes.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Good info.

Should have labled thread differently though.
    I click thinking someone hit then missed hitting you on the freewsy and know your car shakes.
    Lol..... Yeah after reading it kind of think it should have been labeled differently.