The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: offset question

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

offset question

what is the lowest offset we can put on a 8g? with and without coilovers and fenders rolled
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

well that all depends on width, tire selection, and how extreme of a roll/pull you do on the fenders, so why don't you tell us the width and tires size you wanna run, and we'll go from there. oh and the camber too, if you want a meaty tire setup I would go with something in the range of 8-9.5in wide with an offset between 25-40 depending on which width you go with, and again, depends on the tire size and camber, as for the hellaflush fanboi setup you could easily run a 225 or a 215 on a 9.5-10 wide wheel and slam the car. What exactly is your goal here? Also, without coils, you will have clearance issues on the struts of your car if you run something that's wide with a too high of an offset.
    Last edited by greddy; 01-04-2012 at 08:05 PM
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

yup, in respect to clearance, offset depends on width, and vice versa, so the question is not really easily answered without knowing the width you are going with.
    Last edited by Reelax; 01-05-2012 at 04:43 AM

well im going with 17x9 +25 rear and 17x8.5/9 +35 front i know thats more of a rwd setup but i just want a mean stance
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

depending on how low you go, you will at the minimum have to roll fenders. GREDDY had nearly that setup so he can give you more details. more likely u will need to roll AND camber to get those under the fenders, but it definitely can be done if you are willing to do the required mods.

If you run a minimum -2.5*, (not more than -3*) camber in the rear, you should clear after a roll, with 225/45R17. That will be at factory limits.