The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Replaced Shift Light

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Replaced Shift Light

I have not finished uploading all the photos yet. I will do it shortly.

When I started this lil project I started so I could find out what size bulb was inside the shifter. Once i found out I went down to Auto Zone and picked up some #74 bulbs and installed them. Once I put everything back together I didn't like how the color looked. So today I ordered some blue LEDs from eBay. When I get them I will post the rest of the pics.

In ordered for me to get to the bulb I had to take the whole center console off. I started by taking off the cup holders. No tools needed to take it off just your hands. Then you will need to take off the center piece under the radio is at. That too,you can pry off with your hands by pulling back towards you.

I will post the rest once I have a free moment.

Also I think I have found a away to do this without taking the whole thing apart. I will attempt once I get the LEDs.

Update added Volt meter Guage.

This time around I was able to switch the Blub without taking the whole center off. It was kind of tricky. Once I took off the the 1st plastic cup holders I had to turn my whole body around and was facing the back window and stuck my left hand and was able to take Bulb. Took me a while to unscrew the bulb. I cut my hand up a bit.
    Last edited by LosAngelesRider; 01-12-2012 at 01:36 AM

Looks like all you did was remove you center console. Where's the light that you replaced?

RIDER - Do you have premium sound for your car? If so Where did you get the 2nd wiring harness for the double din. I have a double din pioneer with the works and it hasn't been installed yet because i don't know where to get one.

You can find the premium audio harness just about anywhere, Online on ebay or crutchfield.