The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Best Suspension

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Best Suspension

Hey all,

my cars rear struts are shot and im looking to just fix the entire suspension (struts and springs) all around the car but really have no idea what the best parts would be. Im not considering dropping because NYC street are a nightmare for dropped cars. so any input into which brands i should go with would be much appreciated

Thanks
    J

its not too bad in NYC, i was slammed on coilovers in NYC, never had any problems, but check out the suspension forum, you will find all the info you need there..they have different specs and reviews on OEM replacements, minor drops as well as more aggressive suspension mods you can do as well (coilovers, bushings, stab links etc)

No drop, no care.

At least eliminate the front gap.

best suspension hands down is the blown strut with chopped springs combo.

In al seriousness this had been gone over and over and over, hell the youngest 8g is 9 years old

No drop? Realistically, Kyb agx with gtz springs. Better would be agx with swift springs for a moderate drop. Baller would be custom valved kw coilovers with swift springs and stock hats.

Since my original post I read more of the forums and I decide that I'm not opposed to dropping my car and have purchased the tein s-tech lowering springs for a 6 cyl g. Now my issuse is which struts to go with. There is a lot of talk about the kyb agx and gr2 and im stumped at which works best with the springs. I also stumbled across a lot of people saying that lowering springs void the warranty on gr2's but dont on agx's. My biggest concern at this point is what will help me get the smoothest ride. And I'm curious as to which year agx's fit a 99 gtz galant

Gr-2s are just fine. They should outlast their warranty. But just incase a little fib about using your stock springs wouldn't hurt.