The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cylinder head?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    Galanttuner

Cylinder head?

I contacted vision to buy that port and polished stage 2 head they had, they only had one in stock.. I finally saved enough money and then found out that it was sold along with the last set of headers.
    So who was it+what info did they give you on the PP head?

Ya...lol.
    That would be me.
    I'm trying to do everything at once this time and I'm gathering all my parts...I'm aiming for end of May...high 13's n/a, with the exterior and interior done as well.

Info?Umm...Well they claim that it is a direct bolt on, but this remains to be seen. The cylinder head was port and polished by RPW in austrailia and then sent over. It came equipped with a stage 1 camshaft and stage 1 valve spring to accomodate the shaft.
    However, I said screw that and ordered the stage 2 camshaft, and had vision fit the stage 2 cam/stage 2 v springs already on the head...so I plan on having a little more vibration during idle, but nothing that I can't handle, besides it really won't be THAT noticable.
    Vision claims 25-30whp which is something like 40-50@the crank I believe.
    But I probably won't have the parts until next week as the were shipped out today.
    Yeah I also bought the headers, I've already had these on my first galant, just needed new one. I also purchased the FPR. Give me a couple of weeks and I'll post pics of my engine work and tranny work. This car is freakin screw! Pm me if you have any q's.

-Joe F.
    Joe F.
    --The first and only 7g N/A galant in the 13's, currently in hibernation--

Hey Duke you car looks very familiar. You got a full body kit headrest and ps2 in your car? You got the site with pics of your car infront of a big house right? If your the person that im thinking of.................................Your a brat!!!
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    His car WAS the car you WERE thinkinb about
    7g for life!

exactly how am I a brat??
    I'm assuming that you are the one that gave me a similar comment in my photoalbum on the "other" galant site.
    Umm...I work TWO fucking jobs. TWO. I worked on my last car for nearly two years. I work at a body shop and know how to work on cars, I do almost all the installs myself.

That "big" house you see is my parents house, whom I no longer live with. I live with my bitch in an apartment.
    Next time watch what you say before you say it, you do not know me for shit and yet you make judgements on me and my life.
    Joe F.

Experienced TGC Member
    All good Joe, chill homie.

Glad to hear your putting the n/a 7g back together, is it the same car that was hit? I been outta the loop lately with the war happening and all that...

Do me a favor though, don't scoop up all the 7g parts at Vision OK?! I got a bonus coming soon and I need "go fast" parts... :laughing:
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

Ya I know..

I just get kinda pissed when someone implies that I don't work for what I have. F that.

Nah, my old car is in the driveway. I have so many parts to send to people on this site and local to me but I can't work on the car because of the shitty weather we have down here in MA, it's either snow, or rain, or wicked cold. But if it doesn't warm up by next week, I'm just gonna go buy some dollies and wheel the bastard in my garage and strip it.

Oh btw, whoever pm'ed me about the levelten tranny...sorry it's not in recoverable shape...meaning the money that you will spend to repair it, you might as well buy a brand new one with brand new tq.

I actually purchased a 98 es, same color, fully loaded, 5spd. It's weird because the listing in Worcester, Ma said 98 DE but the emblem is ES, it is fully loaded (I don't beleive the DE's were), and it came in 5spd. Even the manual says 5spd ES.Right now all I have in the car is act2100 clutch, b&m shortshifter, and rre lightened flywheel for the 2g clip. But in the coming weeks I'll have it more hooked up then it was before, and that took me a little over a year and a half.

I think I remember Matt telling me that he still has one set of headers if you are interested in that. As far as I know that is the only head they had and plan on having..it is the first one made of its kind. I think they may have a stage 1 camshaft still in stock as they removed it from the head when I decided to go stage 2.
    Joe F.

Sorry man I was just pokin fun at ya cause I'm just so jealous of your car. Its hot!!!!!!!! 8) Dont take any offence take it as a complement.
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!