The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 9.5" wide wheels

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

9.5" wide wheels

Would i be able to tuck 9.5" wide wheels on a 8G or would 9" be the way to go?
    I've seen a couple of people running 18x9.5 but not tucked.

Well, depends on the camber, and offset. If you rolled and slightly pulled the rear renders you could easily tuck a 19x9.5 +30 with -2.75* camber, on a 225/35R19. An 18x9.5 should actually allow for slightly more clearance to the suspension, so as much as a 18x9.5 +35 with not more than a 225/40R18 should tuck, again with a roll and mild pull.

Would i be able to tuck the wheels (18x9.5 +35) in the front fenders, if i ran -2.75* camber, rolled and pulled the front fenders?

I would stagger the wheels and get a x8. 5 or even x8

Don't really like the staggered look, rather go same size all around.

A 9.5 is going to have stupid poke in the front, unless you do SERIOUS fender mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    A 9.5 is going to have stupid poke in the front, unless you do SERIOUS fender mods.
    Hence, why I recommended the staggered wheel set. But hey, if he wants the skateboard look, 9.5 will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by GALANTICS View Post
    Don't really like the staggered look, rather go same size all around.
    here's 9.5" on a RWD car. He's running 235's, too. 225 on a 9.5" looks ridiculous, IMHO.

225 on 9.5"

Last edited by BGR; 01-09-2012 at 01:20 PM

Quote Originally Posted by GALANTICS View Post
    Would i be able to tuck the wheels (18x9.5 +35) in the front fenders, if i ran -2.75* camber, rolled and pulled the front fenders?
    Itcis very difficult to get any wheels to tuck in the front of our cars. The entire front end of the car isn't very tall, there was only one member that had successfully got his front wheels to tuck. And only one other 8g Galant I'd ever seen that tuck front wheel. Neither of which were running that wide a wheel.

The problem with a 9.5" in front will be that you won't be able to run anything wider than a 225. And that is a fair amount of stretch for any tire. Not to mention to get -2.75* out of the front camber, I never seen anyone get that much, but you certainly could pull out -2* without much issue.

Then, you must have a wheel with a high enough offset and a skinny enough tire as to not rub the from knuckle or any other suspension or body component. But I would say a 9.5" +35 wheel w/ -2* camber should be nicely flush, if not really close.

Quote Originally Posted by BGR View Post
    Hence, why I recommended the staggered wheel set. But hey, if he wants the skateboard look, 9.5 will do it.
    Agreed.

An 18x8.5 +27 with a 215/40 and 18x9.5 +25 with 235/40 would be really nice fitment, if that's the look you're going for.

I like the way that bimmer looks, thats the way i would like my G to look, but i'll definitely take you guys advice and probably go with staggered wheels after thinking about it, but why do staggered wheels always go by 1 inch increments because i was thinking maybe 18x9 +24 fronts and 18x9.5 +35 rears.