The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wheel-well Gap Question

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Wheel-well Gap Question

So I put some 18x7.5 wheels on my galant along with a pair of new front struts. Now my front wheels have a larger gap then my rear wheels. (Pictured Below)
    When I replace my rear shocks will the gaps level out or is this difference in front and rear wheel well gaps normal for the galant?
    I would like to know because im intrested in lowering the car with a set of springs, and when the springs are on the car i want the car to look level.

well as far as i know the wheel gap in the front is always more than the rear and if get springs it will lower the front more than the rear but will give a nice stance
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

If you didn't notice, the front wheel gap has always been there. The springs are what keeps the ride height, replacing the rear struts will probably not lift the back much if any.

In order to achieve a nice level look with your 18's I recommend what I have. KYB gr-2's (now excel-g's, same thing) all around with Tein s-tech springs.

Here's this thread that's been getting bumped around.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=42009

Here is mine. Recommend u go for coilovers so u can adjust to the stance you would like. wrong springs would only kill it.

This is a long shot and something I did with my car and mechanic...

Since you're getting new springs, try trimming the front springs for the time being. I took 1.5 coils out. My ride is fine.

But in the long run, Vic is on point. It get coilovers if you want full adjustability (sp?)

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk
    -Andrew

The difference in wheel well gap is in the design, you have to lower the front more to provide an even look.

the front wheel well is actually bigger than the rear on our cars. to get them looking even the nose will have to go slightly lower than the rear. here are my even gaps front and back, achieved with coilovers (TEIN SS-P):

~2.25" drop in rear and ~3.25" drop in front (both estimated).
    Last edited by Reelax; 01-12-2012 at 01:07 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    the front wheel well is actually bigger than the rear on our cars. to get them looking even the nose will have to go slightly lower than the rear. here are my even gaps front and back, achieved with coilovers (TEIN SS-P):

i can never get tired of looking at ur car

^ i dont either... That silver is amazing...
    -Andrew