The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Viper alarm on 9g issues with trunk release.

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Viper alarm on 9g issues with trunk release.

I had a Viper 881xp alarm installed at Circuit City like 6 years ago. I had them install window relays and trunk release. Before I had the alarm installed the trunk release worked on my oem control. After I had it installed I could only open the trunk with the viper control. My control stopped working a while back and I had some battery draining issues so I disabled the alarm and don't plan on using it anymore. I'm trying to figure out on how to use my oem control to open the trunk. I checked which wires are in the trunk and found green/white and a red one. I checked in my fuse box and the green/white wires had been spliced into with a wire from the alarm. I removed all of them. When I press the trunk release on my control I could hear the really clicking, but the trunk doesn't open. Any help you can offer I would be grateful for. Thanks.

Update. I went ahead and took off the whole alarm system. Still a no go on the trunk opening with the remote.

This is the Green/white wire and the Red wire in the Trunk.

Fuse box inside the car

Alarm pulled out of the car.
    Last edited by LosAngelesRider; 01-08-2012 at 08:42 PM

Strange, check all the wires with a multimeter. Make sure the trunk motor is receiving the proper pulses.

Bump. Still have the issue. Anyone have the wiring diagram for a 2004?