The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: RMS power/ speakers

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

RMS power/ speakers

i want to replace my stock infifity speakers(they just are not getting the job done i want some 2 or 3 way not that dual cone card board crap) and i want to get new speaker but i want to keep the stock amp and infinity 6 cd changer and was wondering what the rms power on my new speaker should be around

You realize you just rephrased your question in the other thread. Im sorry if I wasn't of help Noob but nobody takes the time to worry about rms wattage on their stock audio. If you really were concerned with rms and peak power we wouldn't be having this conversation and you wouldn't have stock audio components.

I will answer your question again, the infinity amp is rated from the manufacturer at 270 watts, it doesn't state rms or peak but in my opinion its peak. Because I doubt such a small amp will deliver 60-some odd rms watts per channel. So dont worry about the wattage of your new speakers they will handle whatever that infinity will throw at them. Good clean speakers infinity(aftermarket), boston acoustics or polk audio to name a few.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 01-08-2012 at 11:07 PM

Lol 270 huh .... it didn't feel like it to my ear

I bypassed that little stock amp

Any speaker > 50W rms should survive the infinity premium sound system ..

If you don't know yet stay away from speakers that look cheap. MORE THAN LIKELY THEY WILL BE ...AND FAILURE WILL FOLLOW

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_db View Post

Haha, I know that's why I said its peak power. Maybe 9G has more umpf!

Your first issues is wanting to keep the stock amp, but run 'not that dual cone cardboard crap'. Your only choice that won't be incredibly underpowered are those speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_db View Post

Any speaker > 50W rms should survive the infinity premium sound system ..

If you don't know yet stay away from speakers that look cheap. MORE THAN LIKELY THEY WILL BE ...AND FAILURE WILL FOLLOW

so your saying to make sure the speakers have a rms power above 50 or below 50 im confused

less than, elementary math here the crocodile mouth eats the bigger number of the one that is greater then 12 > 6 6<12, would be read as 12 is greater than 6, and 6 is less than 12. But we can see something like this is some graphing 2>x<-4 which is a pain and I hate doing

Quote Originally Posted by GalantBen View Post
    so your saying to make sure the speakers have a rms power above 50 or below 50 im confused
    Most of todays decent speakers in 6.5 and 6x9's are rated above 70 wrms so no matter your choice they wont get blown with the stock amp.

By decent speakers I don't mean Sony or Pioneer.

Look for:
    Boston Acoustics
    Infinity
    Polk
    JBL
    MB Quart
    Image Dynamics
    JL and Focal if your pockets are that deep