The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2012 Chicago Auto Show Thread

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    RedGalant's :WUB: :WUB: ICEMAN99TURBO's Avatar

2012 Chicago Auto Show Thread

Still one of the best Auto Shows you can attend.... In a City that is just as spectacular!

February 10th-12th - 2012 Chicago Auto Show Meet

Tamera and I are leaving here by train on Friday morning around 8 AM EST and getting into Chicago around 12 PM Chicago time, Friday night dinner & or Drinks for those who are die hards and want to meet up early..

I'm not filling the weekend with a huge ass schedule, but a nice fun weekend to see some new cars, hang out with good friends, have a drink or 2 and come back to a city that I love so dear!

Hotel - We will be staying downtown again this year at the Chicago Hyatt Regency

I booked off of Hotels.com for those of you who might be interested in hanging out for some after party fun.

Friday Night / Saturday -

* Friday / Friday Night events are as follow or fly by night; as we will be arriving into town again around noon time and will be heading to the hotel to settle in and unpack. Later evening we will be heading over to DMK Burger Bar (2954 North Sheffield Avenue) for dinner and drinks. If you plan on coming in early to hang out, get ahold of me and we will put for the plans.

*Heading to the Show Saturday around 12/1:00 PM after breakfast (Ada's Famous Deli). If you are planning on meeting up with us for breakfast we will be meeting at our Hotel around 10/10:30 AM to then head out. There is a parking garage off of 205 E. Randolph St (Exelon Pavilion/Harris Theater), which is not far from the hotel and is a perfect place to park if parking at the McCormick Place ($20.00 parking if I remember correct) isn't an option for you. After breakfast we will be taking taxis (unless you drive to the McCormick Place) to the show which is about a 8 min drive.

Probably going to spend a few hours at the show and then head out to dinner at the Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery, I will be calling and making a reservation for our group once I complete a head count at the show. Sunday (for those of you who are close) we will probably meet up at a local breakfast house to have our famous "Fair well Breakfast"...

Thread....as always... will be updated as the event draws closer, but this is a pretty fair outline of what the weekend will hold. Everyone is welcome to come and hang out, but no one is expected. Please post up if you feel this is something you would like to do and I will add you to the list. :)

Attending Auto Show

1. Iceman99turbo : +1 - Hotel Booked
    2. Loco : - Hotel Booked
    3. drunkoffjuic : +1
    4. StreetLegal : +1
    5. Chaos22
    6. Chippy : +1
    7. OkeDoke23
    8. sararose : +1 (for dinner only) :(
    9. cszink
    10. EclipseGT2K2 : With Lancer Crew
    11. bwracing00 : +2 ???
    12. Ms. fliegendaffe & Maddy : +2
    13. Animefreak1983 (C4G) : +1
    14. 00galantguy
    15. Mitch (galant306m)?
    16. Rob voodoo?

..Too bad Scott won't be joining us this year. :(

** This will be a car related club event, so club attire is encouraged, but not required for the event. I will have my patch shirt and my B2NX shirt with me to wear either or on Sat. :D
    Last edited by 00galantguy; 02-03-2012 at 11:26 AM

I'll be there friday and sunday for sure!

I don't think I'm going to make it this year :(
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

List has been updated as of Today.

I will be there, but maybe just with my family for this year

Update...

Ill be there and maybe mitch and rob?

Quote Originally Posted by 00galantguy View Post
    Ill be there and maybe mitch and rob?
    Sounds great man, but as far as them 2, I haven't heard much...