The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Bringing the galant back from the dead

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 61

Bringing the galant back from the dead

Figured I would start an actual build thread instead of just posting in the new members section-So here it is.

Its a 99 galant es, I found it sitting in the previous owners yard with flat tires half sunk in the dirt.
    we made a deal, and he towed it to my house, and away I started.
    It has a full air ride suspension, with 8 valves 4 switches, a 5 or 10 gallon tank with one cheap pos compressor. The back two bags were blown, So i sent them off to air bag it and got them resleeved and just got them back today!

I installed them today and finally got the galant rear end off the blocks I had to put it on.

And it gets pretty decent lift (Front body kit isnt mounted yet, I have to re-fiberglass the front tabs back on, and then it will be molded onto the front just like the rears molded on the back)

And a couple shots of it laid out

Next step is tidying up the trunk, Theres no spare tire, no floor, just a tank and compressor and valves all over. So I'm thinking of making a plywood floor and then make some room for this sucker.

Type R 15" left, Older type R 12" right. That 15 is massive.

A lot of work to do still, But atleast now I have a movable car LOL.

Go new with the VR4 Kouki front and rear bumpers and side skirts.

Looks like a long road of work ahead, interested to see where this goes.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    Go new with the VR4 Kouki front and rear bumpers and side skirts.

Looks like a long road of work ahead, interested to see where this goes.
    Why spend another $500 on a new body kit when I can fix the one I have now? lol

Its definitely going to be a lot of work, but it'll be worth it.

Looks good. Just keep going.

IMHO, ditch the wheels ASAP. How does the air suspension ride?

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk
    -Andrew

Very nice start!

I will be getting different rims soon when money permits, Probably 17"s (Those are 18"s)

I only took it around the block today (No tags or anything, not even a front bumper LOL dont want a cop to see me)
    But it was pretty bumpy, Probably because I had the front and rear at max ride height because I didnt want to rub a hole in theme again, I'll be getting gauges and I'll figure out what pressures I can run at before I start to rub. Hopefully I'll also be getting a camber kit soon as well as Ricky suggested.

Oh, And I also found an alarm keypad in the backseat, so i took the dash apart under the steering wheel and sure enough there's a python 880xp alarm box under there, Threw a new triple A battery in the remote but the alarm doesnt respond :( The screen on the remote says its sending a signal out but the car doesnt respond at all.
    I tried programming the alarm the way this video says to
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r01ntAXGxBw

But when I hit the lock/unluck button on the remote the alarm doesnt chirp like the video says its supposed to, It does chirp when i hit the valet button though just like in the video but seems like this remote might be a dud.

@Skyforger, why does he have to conform to TGC? The bodykit works very well with the way the car seems to be heading; if anything I'd switch to the Erebuni 384, but that's just because I love that bumper.

@OP: I'd advise against 17's they may end up looking a bit too small, 18's + crazy low will look mega rad.

blue, Im just worried about rubbing, I had the same thought about 17"s looking to small, But also i think the 17"s would be able to go lower without rubbing, Not sure what im doing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
    Oh, And I also found an alarm keypad in the backseat, so i took the dash apart under the steering wheel and sure enough there's a python 880xp alarm box under there, Threw a new triple A battery in the remote but the alarm doesnt respond :( The screen on the remote says its sending a signal out but the car doesnt respond at all.
    I tried programming the alarm the way this video says to
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r01ntAXGxBw

But when I hit the lock/unluck button on the remote the alarm doesnt chirp like the video says its supposed to, It does chirp when i hit the valet button though just like in the video but seems like this remote might be a dud.
    Nevermind, Took the remote apart and theres two boards, and one came unsoldered from the other. So I took out my soldering iron and Tada, Works :)
    No more stupid key to unlock the door lol

blue, Im just worried about rubbing, I had the same thought about 17"s looking to small, But also i think the 17"s would be able to go lower without rubbing, Not sure what im doing yet.
    Read up on wheel fitment and get some 19s... the rim gets big but the tire gets smaller... so in the end the wheel well still have the same diameter as stock or close to it

and when you take those rims off MELT THEM WITH FIRE and find the factory that made them and break the damn plate that forged them.... they look like some cheap hubcaps

Nice start tho Good luck on your ride curious to see how your going to build your trunk layout and how in the hell youll fit all that
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    19"s are definitely a must if you're going to be on an air suspension. 18"s look too small when laid on the ground. I agree with Blue the kit is fine, a JDM facelift conversion doesn't flow well with an air ride. If anything JDM it should be VRG or maybe a Pre-facelift. I would strongly recommend not to mold the front bumper. Bad enough the back is molded and if you ever have a fender bender you're going to have to spend a lot more money to fix everything, which just isn't worth it. Molded bumpers are only meant for show cars which never see the streets.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

^100% truth. I was going to say that but must've forgotten about it at the last moment. Molded bumpers are a pain in the arse.

MaybeI wont mold the front bumper then, Main reasons i was going to was because 1) the rear is, and 2) theres two holws were screws went into the fender and looks like they were ripped out, I guess I could always get a screw size up though, maybe ill have to look at it more.

And I dont think ill burn em, Id need to sell them to be able to afford new ones lol, you want to buy them to burn, be my guest Lol.

Redhaze, I do understand bigger rim/smaller tire but the tire can only get so small and I dont really want rubber band tires, As it is now the tires are pretty small.

And as far as my trunk, I've been going back and forth between just the 15" and the 15" with the 12"s, And if I go with just the 15" maybe add a couple scuba tanks later on for the air ride.

i will just say what ever rim you decide on dont go over a 8.5 AND STAY TO THE POSITIVE millimeters of offsets

looks grat bro, when i find out about a meet ill lt you kno, i have to see this in person

35 series isnt all that bad (to me) ..its what i run on my wheel setup.there not to thin at all thats what youd be running if you got 19s id assume something like 215(225)/35/19 and with postive offset you wouldnt rub
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

Nevermind, Took the remote apart and theres two boards, and one came unsoldered from the other. So I took out my soldering iron and Tada, Works :)
    No more stupid key to unlock the door lol
    You realize that is a remote start unit. Try starting it buy pushing the panic button twice.

Yeah i know it is, But i thought remote start was pushing the lock/unlock key and it would start? Tried that and it didnt work, Ill try hitting the alarm key twice.

That too, newer models are the panic button twice. Does the it do anything at all when you attempt to remote start?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast