The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Bringing the galant back from the dead

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 61
    Unfortunately no. I dont know if the installer didnt install the remote start or what. But so far it doesnt work.

I realized it wasnt arming and found out it was in valet mode, turned that off and now it arms. If the remote start is hooked up im sure ill figure it out if i keep messing with it lol.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhaze View Post
    35 series isnt all that bad (to me) ..its what i run on my wheel setup.there not to thin at all thats what youd be running if you got 19s id assume something like 215(225)/35/19 and with postive offset you wouldnt rub
    ^Truth.

I have run almost every wheel size on my G; from 15, 16, 17, 18, 19's. The ride difference is not all that noticeable if that's what you're worried about. You're not gong to rub if you do the proper research and fit the correct size wheel and tires on your ride. The most you would have to do if it hasn't been done already by the previous owner is to roll or cut the inner lip on your rear fenders. In most case's that is the main rubbing issue on our cars.

Best tire sizes for our G's on custom wheels is:
    17" 225/45/17
    18" 225/40/18
    19" 225/35/19
    20" 225/30/20
    (225 is usually the best width assuming that the wheel width is at least 7.5" -8.5" wide)
    That is a big freebie I just gave you there, so take that info and use it to make your purchase on a new/used set of wheels and tires. Best place to look is Craigslist for a nice set of used wheels, or ask Blue8G to help you look for some wheels...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Thanks Ivory, I'll make sure to look back on that post when it comes time to buy new rims/tires.

For today, I got the trunk plywood bottom built. Its not as much of a "perfect" fit as i wanted it to be due to lack of good measurement around the wheel wells, and being able to fit it through the trunk opening (had to make the front sides smaller to fit in) But i figure by the time its bolted in, I can fill in the spots with spare wood (Mainly the front left and right side of the trunk i had to shorten about 5 inches on each side to fit through) but with carpet over it, you wont be able to tell that its a giant plywood jigsaw puzzle.

Still have to reconnect some of the air ride parts I had to take out to get the plywood in, but i should have that done by tonight.

Then comes getting the damn stereo in and subs :)

Well, tried reprograming the remote again now that its been fixed...and f-ed it up now the lock button unlocks and locks while the unlock button does nothing..

BUT if i hit the aux button it tries to remote start the car (But I think my battery is too shotty to make it start all the way, starter barley cranks when i hit it)

Sounds like you have the remote programmed for a different configuration (single button configuration).

Let me Dig up a manual online, I will give you the instructions to delete all remotes from the alarm and then reprogram it, you want to program for standard button configuration.

http://www.directedstore.com/manuals/479V.pdf
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 01-12-2012 at 08:23 PM

Thanks man, ill give that a shot when I get back to the car.

Tried it. Hit the button 10 times and it chirps before I get to 11 and doesn't forget the code. Try doing 1 and hold and hit the lock button and it does the same thing.

I noticed my alarm wasn't listed on the list though? It's a python 880xp

That is a manual for a replacement remote.

Yeah, and it says
    "Compatible with the following systems: Viper 591xv, viper 690xv, viper 790xv and viper 791xv"

And like i said it says to hit the valet button 11 times (with remote start) to delete all transmitters, and that didnt "forget" my remote.
    Then I tried hitting the valet once, then pressed again and held it and it chirped once, then hit the lock button and still same thing, lock button locked/unlocked the car while the unlock button did nothing.

am i doing something wrong here?

Whys the home page not working? Cant get it to load at all.

But anyways today i went ahead and took my passenger seat out and took out the infinity amp, I had a small 2 ch 400 watt amp laying around so I took that, and wired it up where the infinity amp was and put it on the high pass filter. Works perfect. (Wired left side front and rears in series to make it a 4 ohm load and same for right side) Didnt hook up the tweeters, didnt want to blow them. Im pretty sure I'll be replacing the back 6x9's as they were making a popping noise and I still have to make a mount for the amp under the seat.

What's everyone think about these?

Plus, I picked up these two suckers.

need to find a big Ass amp for em now

Quote Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post

Was going to pick me up some of those a while back still thinking about ti for my next wheel set up or winter wheels
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

Much better, butt we want pics of it on the car and slammed to get a better idea, keep up the good work man,

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by finald8ta; 01-25-2012 at 09:43 PM
    MODS

5 speed swap
    Eibach Pro Kit on GR2 Struts
    Cold Air Intake
    Outlander Intake Manifold
    6G72 V6 Throttle Body
    6G72 V6 Fuel Pump
    Axle Back Exhaust (ebay)
    Evo Fuel Rail
    Evo Radiator
    Rear Disc Swap
    Prothane Motor Mount Inserts

im getting 25mpg city and 30mpg highway untuned!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post

You could find better...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    You could find better...
    It's better then the ones he had on before

MODS

5 speed swap
    Eibach Pro Kit on GR2 Struts
    Cold Air Intake
    Outlander Intake Manifold
    6G72 V6 Throttle Body
    6G72 V6 Fuel Pump
    Axle Back Exhaust (ebay)
    Evo Fuel Rail
    Evo Radiator
    Rear Disc Swap
    Prothane Motor Mount Inserts

im getting 25mpg city and 30mpg highway untuned!!!

Quote Originally Posted by finald8ta View Post
    It's better then the ones he had on before

True but still not enough to compliment the G with the kit.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    True but still not enough to compliment the G with the kit.
    True i didnt think of his body kit
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

well nothings been purchased, just found those on craigslist.
    Kind of the style I want, But those werent my favorite. All the ones I really like are either 22"s or wrong lug pattern!
    Cant win.

I want black with a chrome lip-Think those would go well with the new paint (Thinking all silver with a black hood. Or all silver with black hood, roof, and trunk.)

Go all chrome.

Buy the wheels I posted in my thread yesterday.

Win!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast