The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Blacked out 9G lights?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Blacked out 9G lights?

I'm thinking of blacking out all of my exterior lights on my 04 GTS, but I want a non-permanent solution (i.e. not Nightshade). I've been looking up films and whatnot, and i think i might go that route. I haven't seen too many blacked out 9g lights on google (maybe i'm just not searching right?), i'm wondering if anyone's got any pics? My paint job is the Torched Steel Blue paint, so if anyone has any pics with them on & that paint job, or at least blue, that would be very helpful. Also with the film route, how much of a paint are the GTS tails to do?

Also, any other non-permanent suggestions? i'm open to anything.

It looks so mean if you do. But, If i were you i wouldn't black them out. Smoke them a little because personally if you don't have a black car it just doesn't look to good. "Just my opinion" I would get a light tint. Not to dark but dark enough. I used to have mine blacked out but i wanted it professionally done so i wet sanded it. Get them done professionally, Again just my thoughts.

what do you mean "looks so mean"? lol. if you mean like aggressive, i like that kinda of look. but i have been wondering that myself, black on black is always the best. that's why i'm wondering if anyone has a blue 9g with blacked or smoked lights and get peoples opinions, so thank ya for your input!

ebay has a roll of 16"x48" tint for like $18, so I can do it, and if it looks like $h!7 i can just peel them off, and not waste a whole lot of cash. but like i said, still lookin for reference pics. i messed around with it in photoshop, and it does look cool, but i want to see real world stuff

If you dont do the tint, niteshades can be sanded off. I've done it.

Just don't black out your headlights... Impeding safety due to lower output is not good.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk
    -Andrew

^^ Not if you have HIDs

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    ^^ Not if you have HIDs
    yeah, i was planning on HID's, so i dont think blacked or smoked lights would be a problem. BUT, for the headlights its a toss up between smoking them, or eyelids, maybe both! lmao

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    Just do eyelids for the heads
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

Yea i sent you the eyelids site a few days ago. If you darken the headlights it looks pretty nice. I had 35% on the front just for a nice clean look put got pulled over and was asked to remove them or pay a fine. So i just took them off. Only had it for a few days before i could take some pics.. And i have an 07 so tinting it with film is a little hard but i think ill get some 20% tomorrow at walmart. Its not that expensive so ill give it a go. If they have colored (blue) ill try and pick some up to see how it would look for you. but remember i do have a black G.

yeah, that's why i wanted tint that was easy to take off, in case the po-po gave me a problem. i'll probably do the eyelids, MAYBE i'll do a light smoke underneath