The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ksport or D2 coilovers ??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 43
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    On-Topic:

Tein Basics aren't a great, or even a good setup TBH, but relative to the other options, its a bit better.
    I have to agree, they good but not great, I have them in of the G's after 1 month or so I notice one of the struts in front had oil and dust all over it, I assumed it was a torn CV boot that got grease everywhere, upon further inspection the boot was clean and free of tears, took a part the coil over only to find the tubes shaft not pop out when pushed in, now my passenger side feels like it hits super hard on bumps and cracks. Still trying to find out the cost of its repair....

Its bad everywhere man :(

Seems like it...

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    I have to agree, they good but not great, I have them in of the G's after 1 month or so I notice one of the struts in front had oil and dust all over it, I assumed it was a torn CV boot that got grease everywhere, upon further inspection the boot was clean and free of tears, took a part the coil over only to find the tubes shaft not pop out when pushed in, now my passenger side feels like it hits super hard on bumps and cracks. Still trying to find out the cost of its repair...
    I think Tein fixes them for like $100ish each?

I think Tein fixes them for like $100ish each?

I need to look into this, or just sell them and get my ride comfort back with S-Tech/GR-2's

For arguments sake, lets say I do try sell them, What be reasonable for them with 1 strut gone?

I'd say 4-500 is the most you'd be able to get?

IIRC Danger DANJ sold his Tein SS-P, with one or two blown, for around that price.

^ Thankss, it's good to know. To me as long as they cover the S-tech gr-2 costs I'm good. Maybe AGX.

i say dont buy ksports inless u live on the west coast or ur town has smooth roads,i ve had mine for a year and already blew 2 of them and already need the pillowball mount bushings.dont get me wrong there sweet the first 5-6 months but once they break in,They break in!! im planning on going back to a strut drop spring setup soon
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

I have D2's, roads aren't great over here, I pretty much hate them, they are not horrible but I would like something more comfortable, I have them on F-16 and R-14.

I've thought about changing to spring/shock combo but wouldn't the wheels rub on the suspension?

4g64T 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    I have D2's, roads aren't great over here, I pretty much hate them, they are not horrible but I would like something more comfortable, I have them on F-16 and R-14.

I've thought about changing to spring/shock combo but wouldn't the wheels rub on the suspension?
    No it wouldn't rub. I think softer springs would make the ride less harsh on the road and would be a lil more enjoyable.

I spent $150 for the front springs and the tool and a perch cuz I damaged one. If I feel the back more then ill just order them soon.
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

depends on how aggressive your wheel setup is

Hi guys!

i want buy coilover (under 1000$) i dont know wich one is better between ksport and d2, (quality and more drop)

i think d2 D2-M19 - D-MT-15 have more quality and more drop than ksport, whats your idea?

Quote Originally Posted by alees View Post
    Hi guys!

i want buy coilover (under 1000$) i dont know wich one is better between ksport and d2, (quality and more drop)

i think d2 D2-M19 - D-MT-15 have more quality and more drop than ksport, whats your idea?
    Research BC Racing coilovers too, they seem to be more comfortable than the other options. Members with them are IVORY_G, mrg and Deeznutz

I personally have D2's and I'm still looking for a comfortable setting.
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 07-10-2012 at 10:20 AM

4g64T 5spd

Research BC Racing coilovers too, they seem to be the more comfortable than the other options. Members with them are IVORY_G, mrg and Deeznutz

Exactly. Problem with Megan racing and ksport and d2 is the spring rate. I just recently bought different springs for the front and gonna install them soon and hopefully ill start loving the ride more.
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Research BC Racing coilovers too, they seem to be more comfortable than the other options. Members with them are IVORY_G, mrg and Deeznutz

I have a set of BC as well on my car and I love them

«Carlos»

^^What stiffness settings are you on?

4g64T 5spd

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    I have them all the way soft I still have to adjust them I barely drive the car like that

«Carlos»

where is the best place i can get racing intake manifold for mitsubishi galant 2003 LS ASAP !

Quote Originally Posted by Term083 View Post
    where is the best place i can get racing intake manifold for mitsubishi galant 2003 LS ASAP !
    I hate people like u!!!
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

BC is a great option. A guy on another forum I am on says BC are one of the best setup as far as valving setup second to his company's (fortune auto).

I would recommend getting a set of quality springs later on down the road. BC are okay springs but they are not consistent with their rates from side to side. Look into swift which are the best aftermarket and most accurate springs you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    I hate people like u!!!
    Lmaoooofffff

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    I hate people like u!!!
    YOU SIR ARE MY HERO OF THE WEEK!!!!!

Now on the topic of the thread.....i have the D2 rally spec dampers and although rougher than stock they arent as bad as street specs, (if you need to know why i have rally come to ny and drive down jamaica ave-nuff said-)

with these on i hit every pothole i can and dont slow down for speed bumps and other annoying things in the road like people and pedestrians.....they have held up to much abuse by me for the 4 months i tortured them everyday before my cats went bad and i started the 5 speed swap.

Reality is no damper system is going to give you the same comfortable feel as the stock setup on a 8/9G these cars were designed for smooth feel riding with some spirited intervention here and there, Dampers are designed for spirited to all out race driving conditions on a non daily basis. Although they make street spec dampers they are still designed using the Base fundamental build tolerance of a racing damper.

Although the 8/9 G's can feel like and perform like sports cars thats NOT what they were DESIGNED for, suspension included.

So in the end if you want stock feel go with a stock setup or OEM replacement setup I.E: a spring/shock-strut match up recomended for factory replacement. Anything outside of that is going to be less comfortable.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast