The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Speaker Installation Questions

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Speaker Installation Questions

So I got the rears in, problem is, the geniuses at Mitsubishi made the C pillar a work of art to remove and put back on. Thing is. I dont know how to put it back on, theres like these slide on clips that are impossible to get back on. Any help?

Also, I bought Boston Acoustics SC65 speakers. They are way too small for the opening in the front doors. They're listed as a 6.5" though. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help!

Gary, i know my Pioneer speakers didn't match up with the door's bolt pattern, they (Circuit City) used three holes and a self-tapping screw to mount the fourth. As for the back, I know my C-pillar trim never sat back right in my old car, i didn't do those speakers. Somebody should be along to give more help soon bro

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

It isn't very hard to. Take your time and move carefully with the piece. To get the rears back on you need to get the pointy end of it in first and watch all the clips carefully so they line up (may need flashlight) then push them in.

just line it up and push, its the easiest thing to do

Yeah.. I'm just gonna leave the back as is. The pillars don't have all the clips in, but I just smashed most of them in. It shouldn't fall off or anything. (will it vibrate though?)

Also, I bought a bracket from Crutchfield, anyone know if it will fit?

You smashed the clips?! That shits gonna rattle and annoy you...

What bracket?

Haha no no. Instead of sliding it on the clips, there's a few push in clips around, so it's in there good and tight, just the slide on clips aren't on.

I bought this bracket. Do you guys think it'll fit the SC65 and the Galant?

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142SAC6...ir=FFCategory|[rank760]Speaker+Wire+%26+Installation

Those should work, though I don't remember using any when I changed my fronts to Infinity Reference components, Then again they came with those brackets in the box....Now I just don't remember if I used them or not....

And those slide on clips, you were actually supposed to remove them and place them in the trim itself then pop them in place...

I'll put it on correctly when I have time to kill :)

Also, when I installed my new HU, the trim didn't fit, and I think my old trim was trimmed down also. Is this a common thing on the G? If so, how do I trim my new trim down to fit? THanks guys.

It's not gonna stay, ISO mounting wasn't designed to utilize a trim ring. The trim ring is made to be used when installing a radio with the cage (sleeve). You can try trimming it with an electric rotary tool (Dremmel).

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It's not gonna stay, ISO mounting wasn't designed to utilize a trim ring. The trim ring is made to be used when installing a radio with the cage (sleeve). You can try trimming it with an electric rotary tool (Dremmel).
    Yeah, on my old Pioneer, the trim looked super thin, I think they(cartoys) trimmed it down. So you guys just left out the trim? I personally don't care, but of course it looks a bit better with the trim.

Depends on if you want it on, I have mine on.

My first radio had the trim, what CC did was reposition how the brackets sit on the radio so it was poking out some, and the trim fit fine, if you install it flusher (like I did with this radio) the trim didn't fit without modification, so I left it off.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"