The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Weird Trans issue

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Weird Trans issue

1999, V6...

It seems like my trans is having a hard time deciding which gear it wants to be in sometimes. When I start the car and take off, the first couple shifts seem like it cant decide which gear to shift to. It pulls strong once its there though and doesnt feel like its slipping...But then I realized that if I start my car, let it run for about 10 seconds, shut it off, then start it up again it doesnt give me any problems at all. Weird...

Any idea what could be causing this? It almost seems like an electronic issue but I dont know. Any thoughts?

Could be the A/T Relay.

But it sounds like it's relearning shift points, has your battery died recently or been replaced?

I did replace the battery a couple months ago...How long does it take to relearn shift points?

hows the fluid?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Recent as in a day before. Not months...

Fluid is good.

For whatever reason the thing has been working perfectly the last couple days. Maybe it was a fluke?

The car is so much more fun to drive when it is cooperating with me :-)

How long did he problem exist. My GTZ had somthing similar after a couple hours of mountain roads. Lots of switchbacks an lots of elevation changes so the trans realy did alot of shifting on the way up. Once I got to the top the shifting was all over the place but once I shut the car off and turned it on after a few hours it was fine. I chaulked it up as an air bubble from the fluid sloshing around.

It only lasted a few days... But I wasnt doing anything different. Just driving to work and back. Nothing special