The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car Alarm

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Car Alarm

So now that I have alot invested in my car, I would like to protect it.

I'm thinking of getting the Viper 3305v. Its 115 on Amazon, but 300 retail with installation.

I was wondering if you guys could let me know if an alarm is hard to install, so I can save 185 dollars. Its only a 2 way, alarm only. No remote start or anything. Thanks, and if it isnt too hard, any install guides anywhere? And I know no warranty on sell installs.

Thanks guys.

^ what he said is there a tut for this?
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

For a quality 2 way alarm the price sounds about right. I would advise you to go along and getting it professionally installed. It better to burn a hole in your wallet than to burn up your electrical.

This link is for civic and integra installs but this is what I followed installing the alarms for my cars.

http://causeforalarm.thecarthing.com...gra/index.html

If youre gonna do it yourself, do it right and hide the installation so that a car thief who breaks into your car, will recognize that it is going to take more than 30 seconds to disarm the alarm, and will just move on. Most shop installs Ive seen put the alarm on top of the firewall. So if a thief breaks into your car, pops the hood, and then cuts the siren cable, the alarm turns off. Not very secure.

There is also a alarm wiring diagram somewhere on this forum

As for difficulty, it depends on how comfortable you are with soldering wires, and tracing wires with a multimeter. If you dont know how to solder, or dont have a multi meter, then you should not install your own alarm, for now.

Is it cheaper to buy it on Amazon, then find a local shop to install it?

Or just buy it retail at a authorized dealer and get installation included.

Thanks. And what are some reputable shops, or are they local?