The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: idle air control problem

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

idle air control problem

hi im new in this forum, im from argentina, i recently adquire my 7g 1993 and comes with this problem, when i turn on the car idle in 800 RPMs, but when i put it on D it drops to 400 RPMs and with A/C drops to 200 RPMs or less. some peoples told me that the problem is in the IAC, but in here is really expensive to buy one (U$s600.-), there's some way to repair the IAC or to test if its fine and the problem comes for other part??? sorry for my bad english.

regards. Cristian.

Well with the AC on it actually should raise the idle to about 1200 rpms. There's def something wrong. But do this - unplug the IAC harness and with the engine running set the base idle from the BISS screw at 1000-1100 rpms. The plug it back in and see what happens.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

ok thanks, i'll do it, what supose to do when i plug it back???
    tomorrow i'll let you know about it! thank you!!!

hi again, mko i did what u told me but didn't make anything! i put on the AC but the idle still dropping, there's something i can do? or have to replace the iac ???? thanks!!!

Should i clean the iac?? or its really hard to take it out ??? something more to test? or there's no more remedy??? thanks

hi again, well I could remove the IAC, take it apart, clean it, but now the problem is that the rpm fluctuating between 1000 and 2000 all the time, there is something I can do to solve this problem? i already clean the TPS too, but nothing happens it seems to work perfectly! i've checked all the hoses, all ok! im surrender! someone can gimme a hand on this! i would really appreciate!! thanks!!!