The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: installing new carpet

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    gost2002es

installing new carpet

i have a gray floor and i hate it severly because every spec of dirt shows up on it. i was at my local pep boys the other day and i saw a roll or carpet that you can recarpet the floor with. so i ask the salesman, "how does this stay down?" "well i dont know" so if anyone here can tell me how to keep it down in a 8g it would be very helpful. thanks.

it depends on where u want the carpet. most of the carpet in our cars are molded. if you take em out they are semi rigid. the ones they sell at pep boys is really flimsy. if you install them in your car you'd have to attach them to something so they don't move around. like maybe attatch them to the old carpet and place it over it. or maybe make them molded somehow with some thin wood or something.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

gost2002es
    i didnt want to post a whole new topic so ima just do it here HELP!~~!~!~!~!~!~!. i have an all ugly gray interior and i want to paint it but i need help on deciding what color. i was thinking of doing the top part of the dash dark gray and leaving the bottom half light gray and thats all i can come up with so someone help please!?!?. i have a black car also if that helps

Censee
    yea i have grey interior and my fucking carpet gets sooo dirty fast.....i wanna replace it too,cuz the carpet seems to get dirty alone......would we have to take everything apart by the dash?????

balln8g
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Censee)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea i have grey interior and my fucking carpet gets sooo dirty fast.....i wanna replace it too,cuz the carpet seems to get dirty alone......would we have to take everything apart by the dash?????</div>

I had grey carpet too, but recently changed it to black with some automotive carpet from an upohlstery shop. You don't have to take the dash out, just the front and back seats. I just layed the new carpet over the stock paper thin carpet and held it down with some 3M Industrial strength adhesive spray. It took me about 4 1/2 hours to do the whole job. You will have some small creases at the corners being that it's not molded like PINOY stated, but it's really not that noticable.

gost2002es
    how does it hold?does it move around any?

nystreetracing
    Can we see some pics of how it came out?

TGC Regular
    ya ballin try and get some pics up i wana see this.
    - Atba

SilverKnight
    hey balling any pics yet of the creases on the edges im redoing my interior right now and carpet is next on the list so i would really appreciate it.