The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My Black VR4, just trying to be stock

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 46
    Great looking car, and way to go different on the swap. How many years people have been talking about it, and than here you are. Sweeeet!

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    Great looking car, and way to go different on the swap. How many years people have been talking about it, and than here you are. Sweeeet!
    But you guys end up squeeze 6G74 mivec and 6G75 mivec so I think that's more awesome than mine

I chose 6G72TT because it got twin turbos and smaller engine so I don't need to push firewall or move the battery to the trunk since I prefer stock like appearence

*update

MMCS is working but forgot to put the bootable CD-ROM :

Some people demand a picture of engine bay because previous picture is too small, so I took more picture of bit higher quality, Maybe in near future I gonna use smaller battery and re-placing the wiring again to save some space. I should had have it cleaned before taking pictures though

Awesome Galant!

Looks weird seeing the USDM PFL tails on there. lol but digging the engine swap, kudos on that. I just love the look of 50/50 tails in general, I guess that's why find the USDM tails bland.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Awesome. It's crazy seeing the engine from my 3000gt vr4 stuffed in a 8g like I used to have. Looks great though. I wouldn't mind doing that some day. Did you use the gto rear differential?

Quote Originally Posted by vr4gto View Post
    Awesome. It's crazy seeing the engine from my 3000gt vr4 stuffed in a 8g like I used to have. Looks great though. I wouldn't mind doing that some day. Did you use the gto rear differential?
    You can use Galant VR4 or Evo (4, 8) rear differential, just make sure to modify the front yoke from 6G72TT to fit perfectly with prop shaft from Galant VR4

So I'm assuming you have custom axles made with the transmission side GTO and spindle arm side Galant? But what did you use in the rear, Evo or Galant VR4 spindle arms?

So I'm assuming you have custom axles made with the transmission side GTO and spindle arm side Galant? But what did you use in the rear, Evo or Galant VR4 spindle arms?
    To make it short, the front part u need to use most of GTO VR4 part ( engine mounting, yoke, gearbox, tc, driveshaft, arm etc) while the rear u can still use prop shaft, fuel tank and rear diff from galant vr4 to retain or convert it to awd

Looks awesome. Why the 450cc injectors, do you have the 13G turbos instead of the 9B's? If you need help with that engine check out 3SGTO or 3si.org

Looks awesome. Why the 450cc injectors, do you have the 13G turbos instead of the 9B's? If you need help with that engine check out 3SGTO or 3si.org
    I do want 1000cc injector but they're expensive and I need 6 instead of 4 so I just buy 450cc, at least they're better than stock injector

Mine are 9b, 13g are from europe version and sometimes can be found at japan since it's popular upgrade

Btw as you can see my galant is RHD and swap using JDM 6G72TT (RHD) so I dunno how hard for u to do this swap if yours is LHD

What psi of boost are you running since you have the 450cc injectors?

Quote Originally Posted by hayase View Post
    Below some of pictures of my VR4 in progress :

Engine : 6G72TT from 93++ Mitsubishi GTO VR4 M/T FL version
    Transmission : 5-Speed tranny M/T with 25 spline Getrag TC from 92 Mitsubishi GTO VR4 M/T PFL version
    Drivetrain : AWD, prop shaft, fuel tank, rear diff from Mitsubishi Galant VR4 M/T
    ECU : Haltech Platinum Sport 2000
    Injector : RC Engineering 450cc
    Fuel Pump : MagnaFuel 4302
    Intercooler : Stock from Evo 8 (it seems)
    Radiator : Full Aluminium Koyorad Radiator
    Exhaust : Custom

Interior and Exterior :
    - Separated Headlamp and Turning lamp models from Galant V6
    - Set of Black Doorcards (including door handle, window switch and bolt cover) from Galant VR4 Coty edition
    - 260 km/h M/T Hi Vis Dash model from Galant V6 Avance
    - Black Leather Powered Seat from Galant VRM
    - MMCS system FL version from Galant VR4 FL
    - Rear Lamp PFL USDM version from Galant GTZ PFL
    - Hood from Galant VR4 FL
    - Trunk from Galant VR4 PFL
    - Front, Side and Rear bumper from Galant V6
    - Grill from Galant VR4 PFL
    - Black Nardi Steering Wheel

Here's some pictures with slightly better quality along with some of interior pics :

Engine Bay :

My Dyno Sheets (the power was not as I as expected) :

Video of the engine running below :

My next target, will find "ASPIRE" emblem to replace "GALANT" emblem as finishing touch for my VR4

any harsh comment welcome
    Now thats bad ass!!!!!!! Keep up the great G work. Any chance I can get a tip on some of those exclusive Galant parts for the states.

What psi of boost are you running since you have the 450cc injectors?
    running on 1 Bar (around 14.5 psi) since I heard td04 9b can't handle more than 15 psi (that's what i heard)

Quote Originally Posted by pittstop11 View Post
    Now thats bad ass!!!!!!! Keep up the great G work. Any chance I can get a tip on some of those exclusive Galant parts for the states.
    Parts below is based from states where they're available (ALL OF THEM ARE STOCK PART FROM GALANT !!!)
    - Separated Headlamp and Turning lamp models from Galant V6 ==> Indonesia
    - Set of Black Doorcards (including door handle, window switch and bolt cover) from Galant VR4 COTY edition ==> Japan
    - 260 km/h M/T Hi Vis Dash model from Galant V6 Avance ==> German
    - Black Leather Powered Seat from Galant VRM ==> Hong Kong
    - MMCS system FL version from Galant VR4 FL ==> Japan
    - Rear Lamp PFL USDM version from Galant GTZ PFL ==> USA
    - Hood from Galant VR4 FL ==> Japan
    - Trunk from Galant VR4 PFL ==> Japan
    - Front, Side and Rear bumper from Galant V6 ==> Indonesia
    - Grill from Galant VR4 PFL ==> Japan
    - Black Nardi Steering Wheel from Galant VR4 ==> Japan
    - Strut Bar from Galant VR4 ==> Japan
    - Set of Black Dashboards (including glove box) from Galant VR4 ==> Japan
    - Black Consolebox from Galant VR4 ==> Japan
    - Boot Carpet / Velvet Cover ==> German
    - Set of Carbon Center Console (MMCS version) from Galant VR4 ==> Japan
    - MMCS system from Galant VR4 ==> Japan

anything I miss ?
    Last edited by hayase; 02-29-2012 at 02:40 AM

Quote Originally Posted by hayase View Post
    running on 1 Bar (around 14.5 psi) since I heard td04 9b can't handle more than 15 psi (that's what i heard)
    You should be able to go higher with those 450's. The 9B's handle more boost but they drop off before redline. Theres a guy here in the US that holds the fastest 1/4 mile times with 9B's. Check the videos at the bottom.
    http://www.streettunedmotorsports.co...in_stealth.htm

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    LMFAO!!!

We all beg to differ...

Nice car!
    Not all, just saying.

Nice car man.

*update picture of My Galant, Very dirty after few runs on Highway

sold my car, update the picture for the last time at first post

I will miss it though

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast