The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Exhaust question- RES delete. 3.8 GTS 2008

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Exhaust question- RES delete. 3.8 GTS 2008

Hi,

I know this has been covered many times before but the information is all over the place and gets consfusing.
    Basically I want a better sound. hell I want some sound. The G is silent as hell. Intake wise, I cut open the lower air box for better air flow and will remove the resonator on the air box for a CAI like sound.
    Exhaust wise, I don't want to get a complete kit and as I live in kuwait and don't trust anyone for getting a custom exhaust, even that is out of the question. Which is the best possible way to get a better sound?

1. Change the muffler.
    2. Remove the resonator and put in a straight pipe?
    3. Both of the above?

There are plenty of options for mufflers. Which one would be best for me. I do not want to be harassed by the police for being extremely loud whereas I don't want to sound like a hybrid. just enough when idling and at low speeds and rumble at WOT.

C'mon...
    Ok, on club 4g, lots of people have done the third cat delete along with a res delete since it is not monitored but my searches here give me no information on this. Can I safely remove the third cat? A few days ago was the first time i looked under a car and i saw some kind of thing that was bolted with a flange after which was another thing that i assumed was the resonator. That would be the third cat right?

U can delete both the 3rd cat and resonator. Shouldn't be much. Maybe $60 for both depending on the shop. It will increase performance since less back pressure. Noise should be a little louder

i did it, really raspy though if you dont have the right muffler
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

Thank you for the replies Gotti and Its Reu.
    What if i delete third cat keeping resonator and stock muffler? Has anyone done it?
    What muffler would you recommend for a cat and resonator delete?
    I do not want to get pulled over, performance increase, if any, would be just a bonus. I've heard with the right intake exhaust combo our Gs sound really good, thats what i'm aiming for.

Quote Originally Posted by scatterbrain View Post
    I've heard with the right intake exhaust combo our Gs sound really good, thats what i'm aiming for.
    Prime example :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NNqO...e_gdata_player
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

I have the 08 GTS. 3.8 V6 non mivec.

I don't know who would wait this long, you've probably made your decision already, but I might as well try. I have a glasspack on mine, funny right? No, seriously though, it sounds pretty good, and its not obnoxious by any means. It is a lot less restrictive than the factory exhaust. They're pretty cheap too, only like $60-$100, depends on where you go. Definitely won't let you down sound wise, and isn't so loud you get headaches 10 minutes after driving it lol.