http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/part..._Inserts//4251

What do you guys think of the price?

eBay
    V6 kit 78 shipped. Item#330620444510
    4cyl kit 71 shipped. Item#380373107822
    Last edited by deeznutz; 01-25-2012 at 10:48 PM

No prob... If your a 4cyl you'll need the m/t rear mount from the eclipse

nope, im a v6

Just purchased them. $78 shipped. Pretty sweet. Saved some $$.

This is what i was about to ask about motor mounts, but do i need a different tranny mount? Is it good for an auto?
    Slowly but its getting done
    2001 galant es

Not quite sure what your asking

wow, i should of read my post. Ive read that the poly mounts aren't good for the auto tranny. Do i need to buy a oem mount for the tranny.
    Slowly but its getting done
    2001 galant es

Quote Originally Posted by txgalant8 View Post
    This is what i was about to ask about motor mounts, but do i need a different tranny mount? Is it good for an auto?
    Auto Trani oem mounts. The only reason we get the poly mounts or inserts is because when you go 5 speed the G got so much torque that the oem mount can't hold the load and you loose power to the wheels. So we get the poly to hold the torque and get more power to the wheels. down side vibration, everything else is a plus.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    No prob... If your a 4cyl you'll need the m/t rear mount from the eclipse
    You are right about that my friend.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

So I got my order yesterday. One question that came to mind was where the mounts went. I have the two with the little holes and the other two pairs that don't have anything.Will it be easy to distinguish which one goes where once the mounts are off?

The ones with the holes are the same size their your front and rear the other two are the engine and trans, theirs a metal ring that must come out of the engines and trans mounts to fit the inserts...

Thanks bro. I've read about the rings. I just wasn't really sure were they went.

any links to the tranny mount??????

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    down side vibration, everything else is a plus.
    the car is a daily driver for the wife. how much vibration are we talking about??? would i been better getting the parts from rockauto and have less vibration?????? the car shakes when idling right now. thanks

exactly what adverse effects can i see when installing the prothane inserts on my auto v6?...kinda scared now. but 2 of my oem mounts are completely shot.

Now that this was brought up, I've got a question I never really understood.
    Based on the past posts of this thread if I bought this kit for my 99 4cyl I still need to gett a single rear mount separately because the one included won't work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motor-Mount-...d32ebd&vxp=mtr

Quote Originally Posted by Night_neo2000 View Post
    exactly what adverse effects can i see when installing the prothane inserts on my auto v6?...kinda scared now. but 2 of my oem mounts are completely shot.
    Increased vibrations, if your dash is cracked then the vibrations may make the cracks worse.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Now that this was brought up, I've got a question I never really understood.
    Based on the past posts of this thread if I bought this kit for my 99 4cyl I still need to gett a single rear mount separately because the one included won't work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motor-Mount-...d32ebd&vxp=mtr
    I can't remember where I read it but from what I remember the 4cyl had 3 different rear mounts. One for the 3g manual, one for the 3g auto, and one for the 8g auto. The rear insert in the kit is for the 3g manual. Someone please chime in if I'm wrong.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

The rear for the 4 banger is actually meant for the eclipse 5speed so it won't fit the autos rear mount

edit: what he said^^^

the v6 is a more balanced motor so vibrations are minimal no need to worry
    Last edited by deeznutz; 03-07-2013 at 12:45 PM

Okay so said kit will take care of the front right, front, and trans.

How does a 4 cyl auto 8G guy do the rear insert being the most problematic?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast