The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: licesne plate holder ?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    Shylynn

licesne plate holder ?

okay i wantted to remove the liecense plate holder from my front bumper, my question is how does this come off and am i gonna have holes on my bumper or does it come off clean???

thanks for any info

I took mine off (2002) an dyes there are 4 holes left where the screws go on for the holder. I still left it off, even though i'll eventually get stoped. Here in Md you are required to hav a front tag or you'll gwt a ticket. I already got stoped once but i told the officer that ther was a problem with my tag holdr and that the dealership was ordering one, but I guess tha excuse will wear out.
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

the plate holder is just held on by screws, just remove the plate and u can see them. if you got the older 8g galant you might just want to fill in the GALANT lettering and just call it a day. anotehr option is to color match it to your car so it doesn't stick out as much and just keep the plate on

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Tiller
    that is one thing about this car i do not like...

I mean how are you going to let them drill holes into your front bumper for a dang plate...?

Luckily in PA you don't have to have a plate on the front... :thumbsup:

My friend got lucky he bought a Lancer and got there rigth before they were going to PDI it. He asked them not to drill the holes in the bumper for the tag and they agreed after a while of debating. They told him that they weren't resposible if he got stopped with no front tag.
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

Tiller
    i had to get mine from another dealer, and they almost brought one from MD... i wasn't even thinking about it, but they ended up getting one from Philly, and i was questioning them why it didn't come from where they said it came from...?

He said, the car ended up not being available... and that i should be happy cause the one from MD would have had a big ugly plate on the front...

i looked him right in the face and said, well if it would have come in like that, you would have an extra Galant on your lot, cause i wouldn't have bought it...

He kinda just looked at me with a dumb stare...