The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2003 galant 2.4L Coil-over question

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

2003 galant 2.4L Coil-over question

I have a 2003 galant 2.4L es. I recently put 18 wheels on the car and now i have some horrible gaps. I want to get rid of these gaps without just replacing the factory springs with lowering spring. Since so many people complain about ride quilty after only replacing springs. But I am having trouble finding complete coilover kits. They only coil over systems i can find stop at 2002 galant.

1999-2003 are exactly the same. And your ride will be more comfortable with just springs fyi

Quote Originally Posted by joseph_2880 View Post
    I have a 2003 galant 2.4L es. I recently put 18 wheels on the car and now i have some horrible gaps. I want to get rid of these gaps without just replacing the factory springs with lowering spring. Since so many people complain about ride quilty after only replacing springs. But I am having trouble finding complete coilover kits. They only coil over systems i can find stop at 2002 galant.
    also you can look for 2000-2005 eclipse ones as it is the same part

The ride quality is better with lowering springs and not coil-overs. Those who complain probably have a bouncy ride because a;; they did was replace the springs and kept their stock struts. To keep a smooth ride a better strut is needed such as KYB GR-2 or AGX.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    I would recommend AGX's for longetivity and adjustability. GR-2's are OEM replacement and warranty is Void if you install lowering springs as opposed to AGX's.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

^^^ Thats correct. I didn't mention that.

You can go GR2 and lie about lowering springs, but they still are oem replacements. They last longer than most replacements with a moderate drop. If money is an issie these will work. Byt If you are gonna lower more than 1.5" AGX are a must.

Had agx's on my old s14 with springs...was like a dream...0 bounce and better handling.

Coilovers is a much smoother ride. I had Eibach Pro-Kit with AGX's and switched to Tein SS-P and it was night and day difference in smoothness. Just my .02. You get what you pay for though.

NINJA: I have no personal experience with coilovers (on my own vehicle) but in any case you get what you pay for as the saying goes. Just dont go cheap out on coilovers or springs/struts. my word of advice for you its all about your budget you can get a quality ride from either or depending on your budget
    Last edited by Redhaze; 02-07-2012 at 08:40 PM
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhaze View Post
    Multi ^! its all about your roads to if you have bumpy roads get springs... a coilover ride on a bumpy road can be harsh cause there stiffer then springs
    OLRY???? My coil setup with the dampener set soft is smoooth

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    OLRY???? My coil setup with the dampener set soft is smoooth

lol thanks for correcting me. i shouldve stated low quality coilovers vs springs/struts in the same price range in my post.
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.