The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Amplifier Mounting (8G)

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Amplifier Mounting (8G)

Has anyone mounted their amp behind the rear seat? If so, how? I know it's rather hollow behind that carpeted space in the trunk just behind our seats. I have a RF P300-1 which is small and I was thinking maybe fitting some MDF board back there? What do you guys think?

If it ain't broke, i'm still fixin' it.

i bolted mine down straight into the back seat. its pretty durable, 4-5 years now and they havent moved or sagged. im running jl 500/1 and a 300/4. only thing is make sure you set your amp up on the correct settings, because its a b*t(h to be upside down in the trunk with a lil mirror and a stubby flathead to adjust crossover points.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

i took out the thin cardboard piece thats behind the seats in the trunk and replaced it with a piece of mdf.

i mounted it to the side of my box :-p

but i have seen setups where they took a piece of wood and just screwed it into the back of the oem flimsy board and bolted the amp to that

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    i took out the thin cardboard piece thats behind the seats in the trunk and replaced it with a piece of mdf.
    X2^ two amps and a capacitor, works like a charm

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

I mounted mine to the cardboard piece on 1 G. Its a 5CH and takes up all the cardboard space and for 5 years hasn't fell. The RF 300 is fairly small so there won't be a problem mounting it there.

On the other G I have the mono and 4Ch under each seat.

Last edited by oakrdrs187; 02-01-2012 at 02:15 PM

i wouldnt do that but its your ride..
    its only help on by those snap clips if i remember right..

my amp is pretty effing heavy though.

Had mine back there. end of story my amp was laying on the floor behind my box (where i couldnt see it) with the positive centimeters away from touching my negative on my cap. (btw dont get a cap waste of money especially with our small alt it well just over work the alt)
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

Nice guys, thanks. I was leaning towards getting MDF and mounting it to that. I would rather have my amp and cap mounted in the car instead of on my box, now that I basically wont be getting any more amps, I have changed my subs quite often in the past. Never liked drilling holes into the box for everything but the subs.

If it ain't broke, i'm still fixin' it.

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    i wouldnt do that but its your ride..
    its only help on by those snap clips if i remember right..

my amp is pretty effing heavy though.
    I is heavy, the clips have been holding up no prob I also have the box there holding it up. I like the clean look of it.

Quote Originally Posted by RayDub View Post
    Nice guys, thanks. I was leaning towards getting MDF and mounting it to that. I would rather have my amp and cap mounted in the car instead of on my box, now that I basically wont be getting any more amps, I have changed my subs quite often in the past. Never liked drilling holes into the box for everything but the subs.
    No need for the cap itll only add stress to your alt if anything get a sec battery itll stabilize your voltage ALOT better a cap well shred your voltage and clip your amp
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.