The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Anyone installed a gtech or ais body kit? Or OEM rear bumper?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Anyone installed a gtech or ais body kit? Or OEM rear bumper?

Someone hit my beloved G and destroyed the RR taillight and rear bumper cover. The cheapest I can find a bumper cover is $450 dollars and the entire gtech body kit is ~$500.

Im just wondering about the build quality of these kits. I have done body work before but I dont want to spend days fitting a new kit, this is my daily driver and the longest I can have it down is a weekend.

Anybody know where I can find an OEM rear bumper cover?

Welcome to the site first off, and second, is there a local u-pull-it junkyard near you? I got a front bumper cover for $40, not to sway you away from a kit or anything but if you could go OEM it will fit better and be cheaper if you hit the junkyard for your parts. You may even get lucky and find one already your color too. Same for the taillight.

As far as fitting the kit, you probably know more about what that would take than I do.

For those who don't know, the G-Tech kit is this:

Hope you can find what you need!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

I was hit about an hour before I made this post and the junker places arent open yet. I'll call them tomorrow and look for the bumper. I'll make a list of what i'm looking for and if anyone has this send me a pm.

Car color is gold, i can get the paint code. car is a 2006 ES

Rear bumper cover
    Rear tail light set ( need a set because i sprayed mine with niteshades and a new one wont match)

And I need a right front fender and right front headlight. I scraped a post and scratched it pretty bad. Oh and dented the fender.

Team helotes is the person to ask. I think he had problems with the fit of the bodykit from ait.

what year is your 9g

Teamhelotes or joncavv. I spoke to both if them about it in the past on club9g.org. then I went off to war and my favorite website disappeared.

2nd4G69
    I wouldn't get the whole kit unless you have some decent funds ready. The prices might be close but the shipping will be 300+ and then the install. Just because it made for the car doesn't mean it's a bolt on affair, there's cutting, shaving, pulling,custom mounting points to be made,sanding, priming, painting,wet sanding,and polishing. Fixing what really needs to be fixed will be about 25% of the cost of the whole kit when its all said and done. Just my 2 cents