The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8g component speaker & amp setup

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

8g component speaker & amp setup

so here it goes. this is what i am looking at installing once i get everything figured out.

Kenwood KDC-BT948HD HU with metra 70-7001 for power, either 6.5" polk audio db6501 front & rear or 6.5" hifonics zxi6.5c front & rear (both are component sets rated @ 100w rms/each) powered by a kenwood excelon xr-4s 4channel amp (rated @ 120wX4 rms) via HU RCA outputs, 4 awg amp kit (from streetwire?) and new 16 awg speaker wire from amp to components.

i plan on adding a second amp to power 1 or 2 subs in the future so ill be running the head unit's sub channel RCA to the trunk (which is where i plan to mount the xr-4s). so based on my "set up," are the any things im missing/overlooked/should add to get the most performance? from my research, ill be performing the big 3 mod before i add the second amp/sub. help is appreciated! thanks
    Last edited by chino09; 02-05-2012 at 10:34 AM

Sounds like you have it all figured out. As far as sppeakers go, I personally would do polks over the hifonics. And do 6x9 in the back instead of components, remember the back is just for fill, the front is your stage, pretend you're at a concert, the band plays in front of you.

thanks for the reply & you're right. I wasn't sure if components were necessary back there. I was looking at CDT 6x9 mid woofers, what kind do you recommend?

I personally like super clean crisp mids and highs, I would go Infinity or Polk.