The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 01 sebring problem

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Icon5 01 sebring problem

well my friend bought this 01 Chrysler sebring it looks like it had the 3.0L v6 from mmc the transmission (auto) looks exactly like mine (2.4)
    well the prob is when the car is put in gear Drive reverse 2nd 3rd or low it wont move it seems as the car doesn't know its in gear.. but it will engage park and neutral..
    what my conclusion is that the PCM is bad.. i get that from the fact that the plug in to the solinodes don't give any voltage when the ignition is in the on position. i tested all the wires and the most i get is 0.07 form some..

thought id put this here since this is seems to be the same engine and the same PCM and trans.

Other info: my friend bought the car this way first he was told this happened in a accident the car got into and it was sent to a shop to get worked on but they couldn't find the prob. then i was told it happened a bit after the car got in a accident. and then he was told the car was never worked on by any shop.. the transmission fluid is clear looks new which indicates to me that the a shop or someone might have worked on it or at least tried.

Sorry for the bad English not my native language.
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

plz put in as many things i could test out on this car to check if the pcm is faulty or if it might me something else.. in 15hours from now i will go to the workshop and try everything u guys recommend :D
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

oh and btw the car is not giving away any SES or something like that.. which also makes me think that the pcm is faulty
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk