The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 17's or 18's

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

17's or 18's

Guys i was wonderin if their was much of a difference in looks btwn an 18 in rim and a 17 in rim. I was planin on buying rims, and the price difference btwn 17's and 18's is about $500 to $600. So i was wonderin if its really worth spending the extra $500 just for another inch.

Let me kno your opinion.

And if possible post pics of your own rims, 17's and 18's

Thanx

Kevin
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

It all depends on what your goin for...

If your loking for a nice lightweight wheel with moderately good looks go with the 17s. If you want to go strictly for asthetics then go with the 18s. I personally got 18s and think they look much better than 17s and plus you can find some nice lightweight 18s also.

O ya...u can difinitely tell the difference between a 17 and a 18!!! Save up and get the 18s!!
    2001 Galant I4 Dover Pearl

Mods:
    Injen CAI
    GC Coilovers
    18x8.5 ADR M-Classics
    225/40HR Kumho Ectsa Supra's
    Nokya H4 Headlights
    Clear Corners
    Reverse Indiglo Guages

Soon to Come...
    Apexi N-1 Exhaust
    x2 JL Audio W6 Subs

Cmon...

SIZE matters!

18 - Most Def...
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

balln8g
    one eights fo sho..............

These are the 18" Giovanna I had on my ride prior to buying my new ones.

IllestGalant
    isn't it obvious.
    rollin on 8teens

roman
    IMO it depends on what kind of rims are they
    some rims look beter in 16 than in 18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also on some cars 17's may look bigger than 18's ....... untill u see that they are actualy 17's

it also depends where u live, like my area doesn't has real good roads so I went 17 and not 18 or 19

Black Magic
    i got chrome 17's and i wish i had bought 18's the only thing that stopped me was that i was worried of messin them up cause in connnecticut the roads suck

rims

Interesting so i guess its goin to be 18's, one more year to save i guess. Thanx guys, ireally appreciate it.

Kevin
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

i have 18's and they are tooo small for me now... moving up to 19's.

one thing to keep in mind is tires cost more too the bigger you go. average zr rated 18" tires cost $175+ each mounted and balanced.

galantblue
    I am satisfy with these 18"s.. :shock:

19inchES
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(COgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>It all depends on what your goin for...

If your loking for a nice lightweight wheel with moderately good looks go with the 17s. If you want to go strictly for asthetics then go with the 18s. I personally got 18s and think they look much better than 17s and plus you can find some nice lightweight 18s also. Â*

O ya...u can difinitely tell the difference between a 17 and a 18!!! Save up and get the 18s!!</div>

I say get 19's the link is pics with 18's on my car but I just got 19's Zenetti 5's just came out just make sure you get a 225 size tire for 17 and 18's 215 for 19's (mainly for the rear axles sake)!!

<span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'>18's</span>

[/img]

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...